Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Falling in love for the first time

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm curious... for those of you who are in love or have been in love before, how did you realize how you felt? I've been dating someone since January and I think I may be falling in love. I've never been in love before, so these feelings are all new to me.

I'm not asking how I will know, because I know that love is unique to each individual. But I would like to know your stories on your first loves.

Comments

• Options
    My first real love i started dating, was last august. I think i realized how in love i am with him a few weeks ago. Even though we've known eachother forever and started dating in august, i still get the butterflies when i hear his name or when he comes over or calls me. Like how you said that love is different for everyone, i started asking my friends(who mostly are all married) how they knew they were in love. They gave me a few suggestions but they didnt wanna tell me everything cuz if those certain things dont happen to me ever in my life, then i wont ever think im in love. I dont know if your religious or not, but i prayed about it for a while. And i just had this feeling of comfort and i knew he was the one for me. He makes me want to be a better person, and no matter how bad i think i look on certain days, he makes me feel gorgous. The day i knew i was in love, I had this feeling like i wanted to tell everyone, even people i didnt know that i was in love. I was soo happy. When i think about how my life was before i met him and then after, i realize the impact he has made on my life now. He has changed my life for the better. :) best wishes!
  • Options
    The signs for me are:

1) I am extra happy, especially when I am with her;

2) I smile more, especially when I am with her;

3) I long to be with her and to hold and kiss her and to spend all my time with her;

4) I get upset when we are not together;

5) I get 'butterflies' when I am going to meet her, not nervousness but anxiousness;

6) Excited (like a little boy or girl in a sweet shop); and

7) If something was to happen to her, I don't know how I would cope.

There are probably other things, too, but these are the ones that are obvious to me.
  • Options
    Most of what Mobily said rings true ^^^^^^ especially the bits about anticipation and butterflies. They're still just as strong now, although me and my boyfriend have been together 2 years :)

I can't remember when I first fell in love with him, but I know I was scared to tell him for ages. I think we'd been going out for about 6 or 7 months before I said it.

Yes, it's sometimes hard living so far away from Dunc, and I wish I could see him more often, but another thing that makes me know I'm in truely in love is that I can cope with being apart and long distance because I know that it isn't going to be this way forever, and I know it's all going to be worth it in the end. :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Meryn
    Yes, it's sometimes hard living so far away from Dunc, and I wish I could see him more often, but another thing that makes me know I'm in truely in love is that I can cope with being apart and long distance because I know that it isn't going to be this way forever, and I know it's all going to be worth it in the end. :heart:

Yep, I totally agree! My girlfriend and I are in the same position. Why would you be so willing and happy to put in total effort and be absolutely committed if you did not really care for him, or indeed love him? You would not. You would probably give up because of the hassle and the cost involved.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    The signs for me are:

3) I long to be with her and to hold and kiss her and to spend all my time with her;

5) I get 'butterflies' when I am going to meet her, not nervousness but anxiousness;

There are probably other things, too, but these are the ones that are obvious to me.

for fucks sake, i may as well pack up and leave as mr ghost has once AGAIN hit the nail on the head.....:p

Everything hes said is the exact same with me and my girlfriend, i think you will know when it happens as its a wonderful feeling.
  • Options
    Originally posted by David Grohl
    for fucks sake, i may as well pack up and leave as mr ghost has once AGAIN hit the nail on the head.....:p

:blush:

Out of business, eh? :p
  • Options
    Oh dear, I've got tears in my eyes after reading those. How pathetic is that? Maybe I am falling in love.

He's been gone for a week and I've got 5wks left till he returns. I think about him all the time and what I miss most is having him next to me in bed and falling asleep feeling like life couldn't be any better. All the things Mobily said are the same for me. I get overly excited when my phone rings and it says his name in the display, or when it's almost time for me to get off work and soon I'll be on my way to his house. And when we're curled up on the couch watching a movie, all I can think about is how I wish I could have that every second of every day.

I guess the excited child in a sweet shop describes me perfectly when I am with him or even just thinking about him.

I wrote him a letter the other day and sent it to where he will be for the next month. I didn't tell him I love him because I am only 20 and maybe I don't really know what love is yet, but I told him all the things I love about him and about our time together and how he makes me laugh and how he makes me feel so special.

Thank you so much for your replies. They really made me smile.
  • Options
    Awwww :) You've put me in a really good mood now! :D

Aaaah, love :heart:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    The signs for me are:

I have to agree with that!God i miss her!
  • Options
    I miss her when i'm not with her

i think about her *ALL* the time, no matter what i'm doing

i have dreams about her/us

that longing for each other and wanting to be together all the time (butterflies and anxiousness and excitement just before meeting)

when i'm with her i feel happy and complete, smile loads and feel great

when i'm hugging/cuddling up next to her i feel relaxed and complete (spoons are great)

i can stare into her eyes for ages and not notice the time fly by

when i go to bed - she's the last thing on my mind
    when i wake up - she's the first thing that i think about (i actually got a picture of her on my mobile, so when it goes off as an alarm - she's the first thing i look at in the morning!)

i'm a 21y.o. bloke and i keep a diary about her (so that i will never forget about the wonderful romantic amazing times we spend together) - don't think i know any guys that keep a diary, especially about their girlfriends....

there are many others but i'm going on a bit now

love is great
  • Options
    i think u truely love some1 if u wud tell them anything - not be scared to tell everything to your partner, ppl might disagree but i think when you have total trust your partner with all ure secrets then you truely love them