Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

singledom

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i know this is in the wrong section but sex gets more attention :p

Does any1 have a fear of being single?

Comments

• Options
    I think a lot of people fear being single I know I did when I was not coupled up
  • Options
    It doesn't bother me being single, because I'm happy with it.
  • Options
    I've been single for 9-10 months and it doesn't bother me at all - right now, I think I'm too selfish to have someone else in my life to think about! :)
  • Options
    I don't like being single! I haven't been single that much in my adult dating life (only 3 or 4 months at a time at most). For the last 2 and a half years I've been in a relationship and I can't imagine being without him.
  • Options
    Being single sucks. I'd much rather be in a relationship. Though at times it is nice not to have to worry about anybody else but yourself. :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I only ever had one relationship, it ended really, really, really badly.

hehe.

Don't really want one anymore, if I did I wouldn't really want to committ...There's too much nice girls out there these days..
  • Options
    i used 2 have a fear of bein single, dunno y, whats 2 fear?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Crystal Tipps
    right now, I think I'm too selfish to have someone else in my life to think about! :)

Yeah, me too. :)

I love being single at the moment. From the age of 15 until I had just turned 18 I had never been properly single, not because I was scared of being single but just because I jumped from one relationship to the next due to liking so many different guys!

I've now been properly single, with the exception of a brief 2 week long relationship, for about 4 months and it's great!
  • Options
    Hate being single:( But would rather be single than with someone who didn't make me happy. I think my fear of being single is down to low self esteem, so I think I should fix that first, because otherwise any relationship I went into would probably be doomed, thanks to my clingyness and jealousy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by *Angelic*
    Hate being single:( But would rather be single than with someone who didn't make me happy. I think my fear of being single is down to low self esteem, so I think I should fix that first, because otherwise any relationship I went into would probably be doomed, thanks to my clingyness and jealousy.

u shud tell urself everyday y u r single............. coz ur too good for anyone!
  • Options
    In no way am I scared of being single! I'm just so darn good at it lol.
    Because I was such a fat minger as a young teen, it's only recently that guys have taken an interest in me, so I guess the next few years will be interesting.... I'll keep ya posted on my (maybe not) singledom :D

Ilora x
  • Options
    so ur single then i take it, Ilora?:naughty::D
  • Options
    I couldnt handle it without my bf i depend on him alot he makes me feel complete i tell everything to him he knows me inside out and i know everything about him. I love my bf sooo much if we ever finished then i would never have another bf because every realtionship i got into just wouldnt be as perfect as this one:) So ye if i was to become single id be very scared.
  • Options
    I'm not bothered about being single itself, I just worry about the reasons why I'm single. :nervous: But take it as it comes, I say. Anything's better than being with someone you hate, but if that were the case, you'd leave them pretty soon, wouldn't you?
  • Options
    i'd quite like a go at being single...been attached since I was 16 (i'm now 22)

although i'd probs be pretty crap by myself.

I think the grass is always greener on the otherside...:rolleyes:
  • Options
    i like being in a relationship but i dont mind being single altough the period without the touch of a woman really does make me go crazy.
  • Options
    Originally posted by sxy bunny grl
    I couldnt handle it without my bf i depend on him alot he makes me feel complete i tell everything to him he knows me inside out and i know everything about him. I love my bf sooo much if we ever finished then i would never have another bf because every realtionship i got into just wouldnt be as perfect as this one:) So ye if i was to become single id be very scared.

Hmmm.......I'm sure that won't be true if you ever do split up, as you obviously aren't someone for being single, and IF you ever did break up, i'm sure after a few months of getting over it you would get another boyfriend.

Personally, I don't fear being single, I don't like it, but
    I dont fear it, i'm definately one for being in a relationship as I love the feeling of knowing somebody loves you for who you are, and being able to reciprocate their love. Although being single does have it's advantages, being able to go out and pull anyone you like and not have the feeling of guilt if you do, and being able to be selfish too, always being able to do what you want to. And although I do prefer being in a relationship, I aren;t afraid to end them if I am not happy in it, or if I don;t feel for someone else what they feel for me or what I felt for them at beginning of relationship.
  • Options
    Originally posted by candy

I think the grass is always greener on the otherside...:rolleyes:

Same here. I don't mind being single, it's not all bad :)
  • Options
    I don't mind being single actually. I thought I'd hate it, but I've been single for about 3 months now after being in a relationship for 3 years and I'm really not bothered at all! Is actually quite a nice change! :)
  • Options
    i HATE being single im 19 and for the last 5 years ive never gone longer than a week without going out with somebody.

i know there are sooooo many perks to being single, and sometimes i really wish i was ~ but its not for me, i like to feel wanted!
  • Options
    I broke up with a boyfriend back in January, after not being single basically from the age of about 13. I was terrified of being alone, I'd had two boyfriends between then and now, and both of them were pretty long term and the relationships overlapped. Being single was one of my biggest fears, simply 'cuz I thought life would be so dull and pointless without someone there for me. However, when the relationship ended I found that actually being single enabled me to learn lots of things about myself, increased my self-confidence and my trust in myself. I think a lot of the time if you're in a long term loving relationship the idea of being single is extremely daunting and scary for a lot of people, but if a relationship does end then I think a lot of people learn that actually they are stronger and more independent than they ever thought they were :)
  • Options
    i hated being single, i was for 18 years.

but now i'm with someone who really likes me, not been together very long though. i do like being in a relationship, knowing that there is someone who finds me sexy and nice and all the rest of it. i'm a lot happier in myself.

it's not a clingy, close relationship though, which is nice. so i still have freedom to do whatever i want when i want most of the time. :)
  • Options
    well i am terrified of being single i was single up to the age of 18 and i hated it now im finally not single i dont know what i will do when this ends :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    i HATE being single im 19 and for the last 5 years ive never gone longer than a week without going out with somebody.

Never gone longer than a week? You must be really hard to console after finishing with someone, the type who takes months to get over a relationship are you not?
  • Options
    sometimes ya think having a bf would make ya happier or give ya something to do ya know...but being single is great!! you're not tied down to a relationship and you can just have fun!! (unless you gotta ex who won't let ya get away with anything... :nervous: ) xXx
  • Options
    I went out with somebody for two years between 18 and 20, when we finally split it was quite liberating - I thought for myself again :)

I've now been almost a year and a half single, the lack of action sucks and the lack of companionship is a frustrating. The real problem though is not being single so much as it is the feeling that I can't attract people anymore :( I'm sure I could pull, but I've never been the most outgoing and I worry that I'm running out of the years where it's easy to meet women (2 years of Uni left).

So yeah, I guess a fear being single, especially recently.
  • Options
    I fear not being single. :) I like being single as i'm a selfish git who likes being able to run their life around their own timetable and no one elses. Saying that no-one's ever really held my interest that much so maybe one day i might meet someone that does and completely change my mind. *isn't holding her breath.