Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

guys and ann summers shops

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
um, hi! this is probably a bit of a random question for a noob, but here goes anyway...

(bit about me, im nearly 20 and ive been seeing my girlfriend for 8 months now)

my girlfriend has been away for a bit and i was thinking about maybe suprising her with some "toys" when she gets back. im not shooting completely blind here, we've been watching sex tips for girls and she seems quite into it, and i am too i reckon :p

i'm just concerned about the actual purchasing of the vibrator... i'm quite a shy person and i was wondering if any guys had ever been into an ann summers shop and knows just how guy friendly it is? or am i going to get laughed at, i know that the partys are always pretty girl-orientated affairs. any tips for making it any less painful, or am i destined to be an embarrased wreck when i get out?

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    oh god i cringe to the day i have to do that ...good luck mate ...i dont know how guy friendly they are ...might have a dander in one day and just stand around :D
  • Options
    Don't see a problem! Just go in, look around and buy. After all, the staff have always see people...
  • Options
    ah dont worry mate, ive been in to by a lady friend a vibrator for her b/day once, the women in the shop are quite happy to help surprisingly!

One thing though, they know waaaaaaaayyyyyyyy too much about dildos / vibrators.

Its just like buying anything else, they work there and probably deal with at least a few guys a day, dont be embarrased!
  • Options
    No, you won't have a problem with buying anything in an Ann Summers shop. The shop assistants are used to dealing with shy, and embarrassed, people. They are there to help you.
    As already mentioned, you could order online from them, or from dozens of other online sex toy shops.

It's quite funny having to deal with some people when they're ordering items like that. Well, I say it's funny, but that's because the adult and sexually orientated items that we sell. One of the funniest at the moment is the vibrating rubber duck! :naughty:

I had to smile to myself on Saturday when I had to deal with a customer who had delivery problems with a digital video camera, and a book of Blowjob Vouchers. Hmmm, I wonder how those two go together? :D He said they were for his girlfriend's birthday, but I feel there might have been a selfish element there. :naughty:

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    i went in on my lunch the other day and have to say that the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful and will really make you feel relaxed in the store.

I think working in Ann Summers may be my vocation
  • Options
    hey thanks guys... didnt expect this many replies :D

i did consider buying online but i've left it waay to late considering she's gonna be back tomorrow...

so i'm gonna just walk in there and say "hi! id like to buy a vibrator please!" hmmm :p
    (as you can prob tell im still quite worried about this :confused: )
  • Options
    Thinking about doing it, might get it sent to her house instead though. lol
  • Options
    It will be 'lol' when her Mum goes, "ooo a package for me," and opens it by mistake........ :D
  • Options
    her mum probably would find it funny actually, she already won one at an ann summers party, and showed her mum it... we gave it to our mate for christmas tho coz he thought his girlfirend would be into it, turns out she wasnt :s
  • Options
    I've just been offered a job in Ann Summeres by an old manager. Quite fancy it actually!

I always get the dodgy jobs dont I?
    ;)
  • Options
    theres always blokes in ann summers when i go, i took my mate once and he loved it was running round looking at everything and whacking people with the dildos on display, and having star-wars type fights with vibrators with other random blokes who happened to be in there. theres always blokes in there, dont worry.

the people that work there are always willing to help you out, theyre nice, and you get blokes working in a lot of ann summers shops too so they know what its like.
  • Options
    Yeah, from my experience the assistants are usually pretty indifferent to what you're buying, just like if you were going into a corner shop and buying a pack of chewing gum or something, lol. I'd love to work in Ann Summers actually, maybe I'll try and get myself a job in there once I start uni.
  • Options
    A new pulse and cocktails has just opened opposite the college i go to. it's mainly females at our college as it's a childcare based one. You always see lads scurrying in and out trying not be noticed