Home› Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drugs in the workplace.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
What is everyone's view on this. I've taken a coke before at work to get me going after a heavy weekend but then I'm sat at a desk all day so not operating any dangerous machinery or driving about.

What if any drug have you taken at work?

Do you think it's dangerous? Stupid? A laugh?

Comments

• Options
    i smoke while working on my house and stuff. almost finnished building a log cabin ...mostly under the influence and it's looking good. only very small amounts though.
  • Options
    I have smoked cannabis before going into work before, just packing shelves out and standing there, not too hard so it wasnt too bad but i wudnt smoke or take any drug if i was opearting heavy machinery or doing hard work.
  • Options
    smokins blow befor goin to work is good!!
    One thing that is good is the way time goes by. you get paid for doing simple tasks, good money going towards good shit. good shit going towards shity work!!!!:eek2:
  • Options
    Sometimes though i have noticed the time just drags whenever ur stoned doing tasks because ur just thinking of other things other than work and couldn't really be botherd so thats why smoking is better left to smoking and relaxing only, not doing work while stoned.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    I got fired from Mcdonalds for being stoned. I was having a smoke with one one of the floor managers and someone grassed us up. He got a warning, I got kicked out.

I don't generally enjoy being stoned at work anyway. I think a smoke should be saved for when it's time to relax.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Work should be good because the money is the key factor!! If u are lucky to get a smoke befor be thankful because u then you know why working is good
  • Options
    Originally posted by lotey77
    Work should be good because the money is the key factor!! If u are lucky to get a smoke befor be thankful because u then you know why working is good

But how can work be good if ur stoned outta ur mind and cant work to the best of your ability :confused:
  • Options
    I went through a period of getting stoned on the walk round to work every sunday morning. I would only smoke enough to take the edge off the first hour or so when the shop was pretty much dead and then by the time it got busy I was OK again.

I was only able to do that because I was working with another young guy who didn't care, but then the shifts changed and I had to stop because I was working with one of the full time staff who would have told the boss :mad:

Nice while it lasted though!
  • Options
    I've done speed loads of times to do uni work but thats not quite the same.

As for doing stuff in paid employment, I did a temp tele-sales thing where I would have a smoke at lunch time. My coversations in the afternoon were always a bit confused and I didnt do a great job, oh well I got paid and then left after about two weeks.
  • Options
    I think it depends on the nature of the work (manual, machinery etc = :no: ) but office work, i think its fine..

Depending on the people you work with, that is, if its in a city office, a lot of people do drugs at work anyway, and if your manager is fine with it then i think go ahead. My fellas boss used to give him coke! But, ive never really done drugs at work, (maybe the odd spliff before or in break) or even really talked about them ~ didnt want managers to find out and sack me..

My mate came in on a comedown and got sacked.. i wouldnt want to risk my job!
  • Options
    i always smoke pot at work, i dont know who i would get through the day without it
  • Options
    Originally posted by lil_minx
    My mate came in on a comedown and got sacked.. i wouldnt want to risk my job!

In my last job I went to a gig on a work night. Took copious amounts of speed and can't remember leaving the place never mind getting home.

Went into work 2 days later and apologised for not going to work the day before. my boss was like "You was here. What you talking about?"

I can't even remember being in at work. Well scarey. :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Type R
    i always smoke pot at work, i dont know who i would get through the day without it

I am gonna grass you up burt, you wouldnt catch me doing that....

Have smoked done coke and speed at work (not this job obviously!!!)

Bar jobs I used to do speed and pills in the evenings
  • Options
    Originally posted by NinjaMaster
    In my last job I went to a gig on a work night. Took copious amounts of speed and can't remember leaving the place never mind getting home.

Went into work 2 days later and apologised for not going to work the day before. my boss was like "You was here. What you talking about?"

I can't even remember being in at work. Well scarey. :eek2:

:lol::lol: scaryness!! that made me giggle...

I finished work at midnight when i was a waitress, and went raving straight from work, didnt take many drugs (just a little bit of coke to keep me going the next morning) but i was bloody pissed, went home had a shower and straight to work from 9am til midnight the next day ~ i went to the stock room/fridge thing to get some wine, two hours later my mate at work found me asleep over a bag of noodles... :rolleyes: The manager had been in the office all day, thank god! or id been in trouble...

nights out and work dont mix!
  • Options
    I've had a smoke at my old job quite a lot.

Me and my ex used to work together and our office was right outside the castle so we used lay about benches having a smoke. It was really nice :)

But then working in the afternoon wasn't that great. I couldn't focus and done my job really badly. Ah well :p
  • Options
    Girl friend works for a large logistics firm in HR & has to do random drug tests, scary how many lorry drives have had coke or opiates in there system....

These are the drivers sat up your jacksey in 30 ton truck on the motorway !
  • Options
    I've done quite a bit of temp white van driving around london and it is a REALLY stressful job, I can see why there is the temptaion to do a little speed. It is fucking dangerous though.
  • Options
    All depend in the job you are in!
    If i was goin to be working hard i wouldn't smoke. Its better to leave it to after when you are relaxed. When you stoned you dont like having strange people around you making a fuss all the time so its better to leave it in some cases!:(
  • Options
    Ive went into work before after being pissed the night before, i found that i didnt want to move at all , so i just sat it the corner and read a paper, wasnt sick though thank god.