Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Khat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever done it? I hear it sposed to be like speed?

Comments

• Options
    Well sort of, its not much above ethadrine though, and although that stuff is like speed you cant abuse it.

It is supposed to be alright, you have to chew it if I'm not mistaken, it is legit although it has to be fresh. It is also supposed to have been one of the reasons for the nasty fighting in somalia.
  • Options
    BB is right, you have to chew it and it has to be fresh. you also have to chew shed loads...

probably somewhere like woodgreen area in london would be the place to buy it.

http://www.drugscope.org.uk/druginfo/drugsearch/ds_results.asp?file=\wip\11\1\1\khat.html
  • Options
    If you have done speed in the past and have found the paranoia a problem do NOT touch this, it is supposed to have a very dark side to it for some people.
  • Options
    Was there a program on tv about this before and u have to chew ALOT to feel the effects and takes hours to effect you.:confused:

I think it was on itv.
  • Options
    Oh fucking hell, dont listen to anything ITV tell you about drugs, did anyone see thier 'expose' about people getting addicted to over the counter pain medicines! It really made me laugh.
  • Options
    No never seen it but heard alot about the program about GHB, there was alot of bullshit in it.
  • Options
  • Options
    Was that the GHB program where they said it basicly turns you into a monster with six heads and makes you want to rip your girlfriends teeth out?
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Was that the GHB program where they said it basicly turns you into a monster with six heads and makes you want to rip your girlfriends teeth out?

Yes and that the girl who was shown on the program ripped her teeth out, it does sound a bit over the top, bullshit tv programs.
  • Options
    How the fuck that wasnt questioned in court I have no idea, god knows what they were taking but it was NOT only GHB, the only things that I can think of that will make you act like that are PCP, ibogaine or very rarely meth. NEVER ghb though.
  • Options
    It would have been a sight to see if they were taken to court and proven guilty, they probably weren't taken to court because as many users of GHB would know, the information on the program was lies and if the public knew it was lies then it wouldlead to more users of GHB, which is not what the government want.
  • Options
    Dont get me wrong though, GHB is a dangerous drug, but it can be very safe if the user knows what he/she is doing and the doseage they are taking.
    Physicaly it has virtualy no side effects what so ever, if you use too much then you end up with a high body salt level which isnt that healthy but thats about it.
  • Options
    Dont get me wrong though, GHB is a dangerous drug, but it can be very safe if the user knows what he/she is doing and the doseage they are taking.

As with most, if not all drugs this is the case.
  • Options
    Good point, but most arent demonised to the extent that GHB has been.
  • Options
    Yes they are and the only way to find out the truth is to try it for yourself.
  • Options
    Come on! Pills are virtualy not seen in the press at all, they are just part of the UK way of life now, there might be some stuff about whats in your pill.

GHB users are all evil date rapers going out every night and raping every young girl they can get their hands on. Its ALWAYS "GHB the well known date-rape drug"

Yet GHB is a safer drug than MDMA, physicaly and emotionaly.
  • Options
    Yes i seem to have noticed there used to be alot about Cannabis in the papers and news now there is hardly anything what soever, the same with pills, how long will it be until our society grows to accept that all drugs are a way of life for different people and that not all people use hard drugs and many are only recreational users.
  • Options
    I think some social attitudes are changing but the law isnt catching up.

I'm not trying to argue with you by the way, I just get annoyed about the coverage GHB gets.
  • Options
    I know your not, i have never tried GHB but i have heard about it being associated with a large number of date rape.
  • Options
    It has been used in some date-rapes, yes, but so have some ten others drugs and the law change wont help that.