Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

periods and the pill

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i came off the pill (microgynon, which id been on about a year) in january... and i havent had a period since:eek:

i went to the docs the other day and she said to leave it a month and then go back for a preggers test, even though the liklihood of me being pregnant is pretty small. so im going to go after my exams...

anyway i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else before and what causes them to stop like this.

its getting to a point where im missing having period pains:( ;)

thanks for any help:)

Comments

• Options
    Your body will take a while to return to normal after stopping the pill. Plus, stress from exams might mess with your hormone too.
  • Options
    Re: periods and the pill
    Originally posted by clara
    anyway i was wondering if this has happened to anyone else before and what causes them to stop like this
    Me :)

I stopped taking the pill in September last year, had no periods until April when I had a few days very light spotting and now nothing since then. You're body just needs time to get back to normal and for your hormones to settle down :)
  • Options

ill let you know what the docs say once i get round to going