Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Best decade?

What do you think was the best decade regarding fashion?

I have to say the 70s :D

All the flares and platforms, oooh so good!
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hmmmmm.

I'd say the 70's as well actually. I like my retro clothes, and I bet in 20-30 years time, you'll still get loads of 70's retro knocking around.
  • Options
    er i kinda think the 50s were cool...kind of Audrey Hepburn style dressed and big-ass sunglasses....oh and lots of Pucci - i just love Pucci :cool:
  • Options
    :yes: the 50's were wicked (fashion wise)
  • Options
    Ohhhhh, dont care what anyone says... 80's the 80's rocked, just look at bill and ted :D. and well waynes world... funkyest clothes ever i think :-P

Later Dayz
  • Options
    I agree with Mr Mint - the 80s rocked! The whole formal and glamour thing, the first decade in which fashion really existed as opposed to trends. Anyway, I can't defend my opinion I just like 80s clothes! :p
  • Options
    70s were very very cool, but have to agree that 50's were also good! Anything's ok compared to the 80's though :yuck:
  • Options
    hrmmrm i want a mix (yes im being awkward heh)

50's - gloves, beads and big sunglasses (think breakfast at tiffanys)

60's - for bright colours and short short skirts :)

70's - mmm.. retro mod clothing :) and brown cords (which i be wearing at the moment ... mmm... brown!)

80's - bring on ankle warmers and glam rock! oh oh and waynes world!!

90's - wait miss that one...

00's - plain and simple - we have become more minamilist (sp?) and i like that :)

you can just tell from this i have no sense of fashion heh :rolleyes:
  • Options
    ohhh i gta say this ... sorry to go of subject. but pie you have GOOOOD lips :naughty: the ones in ur pic, if they are yours that is. even if they aint damn they are good :D

Later Dayz
  • Options
    I have to say i agree with the 50s and the 70s, the sixties were pretty funny tho
  • Options
    Yep the 50s were full of pretty skirts and clothes :)

But the 70s have probably been the most enduring - there's still so much 70s retro fashion around, and everyone still wears flared trousers :D

80s - :yuck: ...the puffy hair was the worst bit I think!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mrmint666
    ohhh i gta say this ... sorry to go of subject. but pie you have GOOOOD lips :naughty: the ones in ur pic, if they are yours that is. even if they aint damn they are good :D

Later Dayz

lol yah they are my lips - but its only to show that my mouth is assymetrical heh :)

but yeh thanks anyways :rolleyes:
  • Options
    80s - ...the puffy hair was the worst bit I think!

oooh the hair *cringes* i'd forgotten about it. My mum has the worst dress ever, she told me all about how she wore it all the time in the 80s, sooooooo stylish, with a really big buckle in the middle and stuff, scary.

so what do you think people will think of the nineties/naughties in 20 years, i mean, you reckon they'll think of our fashion like we do about the 80s?
  • Options
    sean stop hitting on people, making me barf ;)
  • Options
    i aint hitting on anyone. im telling it as it is... im not used to beaing able to do it, remember dude to flip i was un able to say alot of what i wanted without hurting her. now i can say wat the hell i want without her being on my back about it :P

Later Dayz