Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

I hav cerebral palsy and I have a dislocated thumb and its causing serious problems!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi People!

I am a 15 year old girl who will be 16 next week, I have cerebral palsy a physical disability. I have dislocated my thumb and I have had 15 plaster casts on and 3 splints, and a k wire in, but none of these have worked. My thumb still keeps dislocating, it dislocates about 50 times a day now and the more it comes out the harder it is to go back in, in fact it hardly even goes back in any more. I have been attending hospital but the health proffessions are stuck for idea's, as they have never seen a situation like it before(I'm always different). It's my cerebral palsy that is causing the great difficuitly as, my thumb keeps going into spasm and pulling my thumb out of joint. No amount of medacation for pain relief helps and everyone seems to be stuck for idea's. If anyone out there has any suggestions about how this problem can be over come please let me know.

Thanks

Happychic

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    See your doctor about getting some Quater Zone injections. I doubt you'll feel much after a couple of shots and it may relax the muscle.