Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Responsible?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok i'm a parent - Ive got a 3 year old daughter.

Was chatting to a mate who i haven't seen for a while yesterday about going out and stuff and she was pretty astonished that me and my boyfriend (baby's father) took pills when we went out.

I don't do them often, maybe once a month or something, and I don't see the problem - I'm always careful where I get them from and who I'm taking them with and stuff, but she thought I was really irresponsible for doing it.

I think I'm entitled to have a life still and don't see E as much of a risk, but yeah any opinions on this are encouraged. :)

Comments

• Options
    I dont see anything wrong with that, providing youve got someone to have the baby the whole night and preferably some of the next day too - like if shes staying overnight at her nanas or something, but not if youve just got a babysitter and would have to come back and look after her whilst under the influence or on a comedown.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    I dont see anything wrong with that, providing youve got someone to have the baby the whole night and preferably some of the next day too - like if shes staying overnight at her nanas or something, but not if youve just got a babysitter and would have to come back and look after her whilst under the influence or on a comedown.

very good reply, and i agree totally. if someone is going to have the child until you are completely compus mentus to look after him/her yourself. But yeah, you are still entitled to a life, same as people go out drinking then come home to their children, why cant you do the same on pills.
  • Options
    I agree that as long as you do act appropriately, then there is absolutely nothing wrong with this. Everyone needs a little release from time to time. Go out and have fun.
    I think the reason you got this reaction is because ecstasy is class A. If you said that you went for a drink once a month and liked to get slaughtered, I'm sure the reaction wouldn't have been the same.
    Don't worry what other people think, as long as you're doing a good job, that's all that matters. :)
  • Options
    Im agreeing with the others here... and having a few pills every month or so, to me, doesnt seem overly irrisponsible. Like rainbow said, as long as youre making the appropriate arrangements etc i think its more than acceptable.. and you should stil have a life, youre right.

A lot of people i know have kids and go out doing the same as you, i can think of at least 5 mums and one single dad who have young kids and go out.. some of them act responsibly like you, and some of them dont (drive their kids about under the influence of pills, look after them etc) but as long as your child isnt at risk~ and you have somebody close to you and your child to look after them, then i dont see a problem.
  • Options
    CANDY BE RESPONSIBLE ...for your actions and possible outcomes.
    which is what you sound like your doing to me.
    the hbestsest thing you can have in a house is love ...if thats there then .........
  • Options
    The main problem is that when your not single or you have a kid then your actions majorly impact others.
    I dont see any big problem with what you are doing as you as you are very safe about it. The issue is that the police dont see it that way, you could have your kid taken away if you are caught with class A.
  • Options
    I agree with R Brite, as long as you aren't going home and looking after your daughter straight away, and not even the next day!
  • Options
    There is no problem with you taking a break from normal reality and becoming under the infulence as long as there is someone around to look after your child and have the next day free for relaxing and no child around.