Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

bags under your eyes

is there a fast way other than sleeping more to get rid of the bags under your eyes?:confused:

i usually have big ones and they look realy shit and there is no way that i am going to get any more sleep at night.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Don't Nivea/Neutrogena/Clinque do some cream or something for this?

Maybe places like SuperDrug do as well?
  • Options
    Re: bags under your eyes
    Originally posted by 711fitzy
    is there a fast way other than sleeping more to get rid of the bags under your eyes?:confused:

In the olden days they said used teabags or cucumber, try it and see if it does work. Then come back and tell us wether its an old housewifes tale :)
  • Options
    Cold teaspoons is another old wives tale... Haven't tried it so I don't know whether it works or not, but it's another one for you to try out!

Edited to add : Clinique do a product in their Skin Supplies For Men range called All About Eyes (which "Helps minimise the look of lines. Targets eye-area puffiness, circles, shadows. Helps maintain a more rested appearance." www.clinique.co.uk) Doesn't come cheap tho - £20 for a little 15ml tube! :eek2:
  • Options
    Re: bags under your eyes
    Originally posted by 711fitzy

i usually have big ones and they look realy shit and there is no way that i am going to get any more sleep at night.

Do you look like Joey from Friends?

It weird watching friends because one minute they show the latest episode and then go back to one shot years ago - I look at Joey's bags to gauage how old the episode is cos they are getting worse all the time!!
  • Options
    I've heard that drinking a glass of hot water with lemon in it first thing in the morning is good for getting rid of bags.

Also cucumber and tea bags of course. Put the tea bags into a cup, pour boiling water over them, then throw the water away. Then pour cold water over them and throw that away too. Put the teabags on your eyes for 10 minutes if you can. That should help.

Then of course you could just need more sleep.
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    I've heard that drinking a glass of hot water with lemon in it first thing in the morning is good for getting rid of bags.
    :yes: Yep, my mum does that and I'm getting into the habit of it too. As far as I can tell, it really does help :) although I'm not sure I could explain why.

I also use Origins Eye Doctor moisturiser or Clinique Daily Eye Saver (although that's a little expensive - I'm only using it at the moment because my mum got a free pot when she last went shopping!)

Make-up-wise, you can dab some light concealer under your eyes, but don't put too much powder there - it'll accentuate bags.
  • Options
    Ooh la lift from BeneFit is fantastic for covering them up
  • Options
    i am a boy so ... NO FUCKING MAKE UP!! just somehting like a chemical that gets rid of the bags.
  • Options
    There's loads of types of creams and gels that get rid of them, just go into Boots and have a look!
  • Options
    :D sweet i will do that as soon as i can. thanks for the advice:D