Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tired

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was talking to a friend today and he was saying that he's been smoking cannabis for 4 years now more or less day in day out,he now admits that it dosen't get him stoned anymore,just tired.
Does this happen to everyone after a while or just some?

Comments

• Options
    i have been smoking it for about 3 years and no matter how sleep i get i am always tired, the novelety wears off and i can only sometimes be bothered to skin up
  • Options
    Originally posted by the-macca
    i have been smoking it for about 3 years and no matter how sleep i get i am always tired, the novelety wears off and i can only sometimes be bothered to skin up

How often did u smoke? do u take any other drugs?
    Not get yourself a pipe :chin:
  • Options
    When I first started, and did it in moderation, I used to get really stoned and get the munchies and laugh and joke about nothing, however, I started smoking more and more frequently until it became a daily habit and has been now for the past 6 yrs....Problem is, you don't really get stoned like you used to; no munchies, no laughing etc. Now I usually feel tired, yet at the same time can't sleep as I'm kept 'high' and going due to the weed.

Nowadays I wake up in the morning and feel grogy from previous nights smoke, which I never used to get..... One thing that I'm glad I've changed though is constant smoking. It used to be the case that the first thing i'd do when I got out of bed was to grab a bong, have a shower, do another bong, get dressed and then contemplate another one before leaving the house in the morning... Now I just smoke in the evenings, and I find that I actually enjoy it more! It gives you something to look forward to rather than having the urge to be constantly stoned.

Anyone who knows what I'm talking about must agree that being constantly stoned just turns your life into a mess! The days and weeks float by, yet they all seem to merge into one long day...you have no motivation to do shit...your body clock fucks up, sometimes sleeping for excessive amounts of time, you generally become less interested in life.....(or is all that just me!?).....Moderation is the key, it's far too easy to get lost in the hazey world of being stoned.
  • Options
    Originally posted by White Rabbit
    When I first started, and did it in moderation, I used to get really stoned and get the munchies and laugh and joke about nothing, however, I started smoking more and more frequently until it became a daily habit and has been now for the past 6 yrs....Problem is, you don't really get stoned like you used to; no munchies, no laughing etc. Now I usually feel tired, yet at the same time can't sleep as I'm kept 'high' and going due to the weed.

Nowadays I wake up in the morning and feel grogy from previous nights smoke, which I never used to get..... One thing that I'm glad I've changed though is constant smoking. It used to be the case that the first thing i'd do when I got out of bed was to grab a bong, have a shower, do another bong, get dressed and then contemplate another one before leaving the house in the morning... Now I just smoke in the evenings, and I find that I actually enjoy it more! It gives you something to look forward to rather than having the urge to be constantly stoned.

Anyone who knows what I'm talking about must agree that being constantly stoned just turns your life into a mess! The days and weeks float by, yet they all seem to merge into one long day...you have no motivation to do shit...your body clock fucks up, sometimes sleeping for excessive amounts of time, you generally become less interested in life.....(or is all that just me!?).....Moderation is the key, it's far too easy to get lost in the hazey world of being stoned.

Yes i notice sometimes whenever i wake up the next morning if its early only though i feel really tired if i was smoking the night before. I dont become less interested in life because of smoking the herb but i think about things alot more and analyse things very very quickly due to smoking.

Yes moderation is the key, i wouldn't like to be stoned constantly all the time,there would be no point in it then because then reality would be your drug,back to normal to see whats it like.
  • Options
    Re: Tired
    Originally posted by Shogun2002
    Was talking to a friend today and he was saying that he's been smoking cannabis for 4 years now more or less day in day out,he now admits that it dosen't get him stoned anymore,just tired.
    Does this happen to everyone after a while or just some?

:yes: happens to me - sort of.

Dont get the giggles, dont even get buzzing until ive had a fair bit, but i dont smoke enough to get to that stage cus im always too tired and dont want to send myself to sleep!
  • Options
    Definately weed is better in moderation, if you smoke all the time your brain goes all foggy and you cant think properly.