Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What was YOUR fashion No No?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Mines was a tartan jacket and tartan trousers. Same time. :|

I was 13, and sooo thick :|

Comments

• Options
    Pink jeans with a turquiose polo shirt.

Why did my mum let me wear that?

And those girly knee high white socks which are sort of knitted with holes in them in pretty patterns. They weren't supposed to be worn with shorts and sandals, but no one told the 7-year-old me that.

Oh dear.
  • Options
    Black leggings. White slouch socks. Marks & Sparks timberland stylee boots. :nervous:

For shame!

I have to edit this to let you know that I was young and er...yeah.

Yes, that makes it look that much better. :yeees:
  • Options
    Hmm. I seem to remember having this god-awful black skirt with big white printed flowers on it. And also, these horrible shoes that were black with two white stripes and with a chunky rubber white high-heeled sole. That's the best way I can describe them.

Godddddd, the only consolation is that all the other kids wore daft stuff too :p

Edited because I've just woken up all monged and can't spell :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by TempleOfDreams
    And also, these horrible shoes that were black with two white stripes and with a chunky rubber white high-heeled sole. That's the best way I can describe them.

Oh god I had some of them when I was about 11/12...I remember reallllly wanting them. Some of my friends had them too and we thought they were the coolest shoes in the world at the time.
  • Options
    Shell suits and cycling shorts! :blush: God the 80's were crap!
  • Options
    Blue leggings :nervous: I used to wear them every day, with really ugly polo-necks! I was only thirteen, but still...

I never lived it down.
  • Options
    I also had a really thick, blunt fringe until I was about 13. It took me so long to grow it out. And it looked so crap. It was cute when I was a toddler but... ugh it looked hideous once I reached 7 or 8 and carried on looking stupid until I had the sense to get rid of it!
  • Options
    Well, at the age of 12 I was a hippy... big tye-dyed floaty skirts and floaty tye-dyed tops... flared jeans with hand sewn -embroidery on flared bits...

at the age of 13-14 I was wearing jeans as wide as curtains which made me look HUOWGE, (I was actually obese lol) and XL T-Shirts.....

At 15 I "trendied" up and was wearing bootleg jeans and (flat chested) strappy tops... still being fat it looked sickening! :yuck:

Now at 17 I'm walking round in Corsets, fake fur skirts and furry boots.... (now a slim size 12 and have tits! :D )

So... My Fashion No-No's - Take Your Pick :lol:
  • Options
    Oooh does anyone remember that range of Addidas trainers which were in "highlighter" colours. Orange, yellow, pink and green i think. Proper neon looking...

I had a pair of green ones. I wore them everywhere for about a year. Thing was they was dead popular! I even wore them to school with opaque black tights hehe. Not so good.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

I had a pair of green ones. I wore them everywhere for about a year. Thing was they was dead popular!

Yeah, they were! My mate had the green ones and the orange ones. :/ And in the playground thing loads of the time you'd just see loadsa really bright trainers everywhere.
  • Options
    I had the orange ones...
  • Options
    im so glad i wasnt trendy.... but yet so ashamed! :crazyeyes
  • Options
    LMAO. I just found this. :|
  • Options
    When I was about 10 I wore a long green polo neck shirt as a dress, with a green floral waistcoat over it, a black belt and black tights.

When I was 13-14 I went through a tom-boy phase and wore joggers, trainers, kappa t-shirts and a bright blue nike coat. Now that is shameful. :blush:

Then I went slutty and one summer I wore a tiny imitation denim skirt and a tight white low-cut top - can't forget the tan tights either! That was when I was 15.

Then I went "alternative" at 16 - you know baggy jeans and little tops. All for a boy too. Silly me.

Now what I wear would be regarded by some as weird, but I like it. It's just 'normal' through really. Ahh to finally grow up.
  • Options
    That reminds me i used to lurrrve this (bright) red silk blouse i had, i wore it with/over everything when i was about 10. Oh the flashbacks!
  • Options
    But we were 80's children, it can be excused!

Mine were... hmm. A bowl like haircut when i was growing out a crop.

Orange sundress with knee high black, red and yellow socks. It looked AWFUL.

Um. I don't know. I can probably think of loads more if i tried...

Oooh, a black jacket with a hood, which had bright pink and purple little writing ALL over it!
  • Options
    Oooh does anyone remember that range of Addidas trainers which were in "highlighter" colours. Orange, yellow, pink and green i think. Proper neon looking...

i had a pair of orange ones, and a pair of green ones, once i wore one of each! I found a photo *shakes head in shame*

ooh and yeah pants and shirt in the same pattern
  • Options
    Hah you girls had it easy compared to some of the horrors myself and other guys have had to put up with.

In the 80s I'd be wearing shorts and horrible stripey t-shirts in the summer - I mean the stripes would be blue and white and increasingly spaced apart and have something like SPORT! written on them. Winter was worse - my mum would put me in wooly jumpers and corduroys - these include my two worst outfits - purple cords with trouser braces and a vertically striped shirt with little boats on, the second outfit is a wooly jumper with a lumberjack on with blue and red tartan trousers! (It was 1987 - gimme a break!) I have banned wool full stop now - I will never wear wool again.

I spent most of the 90s in huge baggy sweatshirts and tracksuit bottoms but if I was dressing up I'd wear jeans and one of those big print tartan shirts in blue and white that were popular at the time with a plain t-shirt underneath. The worst thing about the 90s was my hair - I had the pudding bowl look because it was kind of popular for a few years and I didn't much care.

Anyway, now we're in 00s the only time I'll wear sportswear is when I go to the gym and I actually care about my hair now. I spent a lot on buying some clothes and then I realised I bought mainly black stuff. But I have 3 main colours I stick to black, white and blue and I rarely vary from that.

I don't know why everyone gets at 80s fashion I think it's better than 90s fashion but no-one's realised that yet! My dad cleared out the loft and a lot of his old 80s shirts are in vogue again and I nicked a pair of his old Levi's because Levi's don't age - they're classic! (And they're a lot closer cut so my legs look better in them than the baggy jeans.)
  • Options
    LOL..It had to be a yellow and blue Puma shell suit and green jeans when I was about 13.
  • Options
    That reminds me i used to lurrrve this (bright) red silk blouse i had, i wore it with/over everything when i was about 10. Oh the flashbacks!

I used to have a white silk blouse! I used to wear it with a sliky satin black skirt too....nice.
  • Options
    the lepord pint polyester shirt?
    the dungarees with opaque white tights and bight orange joe bloggs trainers?
    the black velvet body suit with purple velvet shirt over the top?

theres just too many:shocking: