Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

hypermobility

just well wondering... anyone hypermobile? :rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    what is it?
  • Options
    That is a good question. What is it?
  • Options
    Ditto.

?
  • Options
    Joint hypermobility syndrome is a condition that features joints that easily move beyond the normal range expected for a particular joint. The joint hypermobility syndrome is considered a benign condition. It is estimated that 10-15% of normal children have hypermobile joints, i.e. joints that can move beyond the normal range of motion. There is definitely a tendency of the condition to run in families (familial).
    translated - a harmless condition wher joints move futher than they should.
    However it hurts.
    Often linked with fibromyalgia, which is painful.
  • Options
    basically it means double jointed.
    im a bit double jointed in my fingers, and my little boy is extremely double jointed in his. it looks gross when he points at things as his knuckles bend the other way slightly, both of our fingers bend back nearly all the way - I used to love freaking people out by doing that.
  • Options
    national association thang

a link :) tells you what it is etc

i was just wondering if anyone else has as much pain as me cause im in agony all the time...

...got this lil machine (tens) that gives me electric shocks for the pain :eek2:

just realised that alot of people are hypermobile and dont know it so i thought i would make a post

sorry for not explaining :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Have you tried acupuncture - that can really help
    also homoeopathy.
    what about visiting a nutritionalist - there a some really good supplements / nutrients to help joints.
    pm me if you want (I am a nutritionalist)
  • Options
    ive not had acupunture (adds it to the list of alternative remedies that i have to try)

i do use herbal medicines already and have tried a few alternative pain relief methods - i wonder why i havent done acupunture strange :confused: and i take supplements :)

woo yeah
  • Options
    Finally, somebody else!

I've got hypermobile joints and was in a splint when I was a toddler for clicky hips. I can do all sorts of mad tricks with my body, but have trouble with co-ordination.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Creeper
    Finally, somebody else!

I've got hypermobile joints and was in a splint when I was a toddler for clicky hips. I can do all sorts of mad tricks with my body, but have trouble with co-ordination.

*hugs* yeah i have really bad coordination too hehe (please believe me when i say stay off the roads as im learning to drive!)

tho my driving instructor says im a hazard - funny how he only thinks this since i told him i was hypermobile!! :mad: