Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

rash

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
every so often i get this itchy rash type thing down my arms, wrists, knuckles, hands, sometimes my legs...it'll flare up randomly then totally vanish. these sort of blobby lumps appear on my wrists that look like insect bites, but then they turn red, sore and incredibly itchy. sometimes when it appears ill get slight blotchy patches on my cheeks, it kinda looks like im blushing.
is this eczema (sp?) or what? any ideas? i asked the dermatologist woman in Boots about it and she suggested that i was allergic to baby oil buuut i dont use that on my face..
before i go get it checked out i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions or had ever had anything like this before ??
ive only been getting it for a week or so, and its gotten slightly worse since i first got the itchy arms, etc.
help !
:confused:

Comments

• Options
    Re: rash
    Originally posted by vorni
    . these sort of blobby lumps appear on my wrists that look like insect bites, but then they turn red, sore and incredibly itchy.

I get this on my arms, knuckles and face if I'm wearing any jewellery that contains nickel. It's a pretty common allergy, you might want to do a search for it on google to see if it fits with what you're getting - it certainly sounds like it.

I avoid any kind of nickel now, although sometimes you can't tell until you get that bobbly rash thing. Skanky.
  • Options
    Damn it all !!:crazyeyes :impissed:
    I did a search and it seems to fit, like u said...grawr!
    oh and ive taken the crappy ring outta my ear, too.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    nark !! im starting to doubt its a nickel thang..my mother made a bitchy comment about nicotine earlier? whats involved with nicotine allergies !?