Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Ghb

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was chatting to some mates about this and was told that as it's not illegal to posess (although supply is, I know!) it can be bought in some sex shops. Anyone know if this is true and if there'd be any places in London (presume Soho would be a good place to start?) that would be good to check-out.

Also, as I've never tried it - and am not sure if I will or not - does anyone have any first-hand accounts of it? How does it compare to E, where is it best to take it (is it more suited to chilling with mates or clubbing?) What quantities is it sold in and what's a reasonable price?

Sorry for all the questions - I've read the factsheets etc but feel in need of a bit more practical advice..!

Comments

• Options
    Hmmm, good question.

Yes you are right in that the law on GHB has not changed, as YET. There are moves to make it class C, but I'm not sure when that is taking effect.

As for the supply, thats also a bit of wierd one, buying and selling within the UK are restricted, supply is against the Medicines Act and is a fairly serious offence.
    It is legal however to import your own from a supplier outside the UK, which is why all the web sources are based abroad.
    BUT there is a problem with this, due to pressure from the US and some from the UN (GHB is to be included in the latest UN convention on Narcotic drugs) virtualy all the internet sources have closed. There are some left but it is unlikely that they will take new customers because of the hassle the US has been giving them. They have been assesting people who work for the companies even if they do not supply the US!

As for its effects, its really not anything like MDMA what so ever, for a start its a sedative. I suppose the best way I can think to describe it is like being really nicely, slightly, drunk and 'high' stonned as well. But its not really like that. It does have the slightly dopamine smilely feeling of a benzo but without the brain dead bit.
    Some people also find it to be preaty good for sex too.

As for buying it in sex shops, I wouldnt. Even if you can dont. They will sell you GHB in liquid form, if they do at all, and thats just plain dangerous, can you tell how much powder is disolved in some liquid? Also can you tell how it was made and what is actualy in the liquid?

If you want more info erowid has loads.
  • Options
    You need to watch with GHB, its quite easy to overdose and potentially pass out on it, if you are not sure of its source or how much to take. A couple of mates of mine have taken far too much in the past and we nearly had to take them to hospital. Also really not a good idea to mix with Alcohol!
  • Options
    I have only tried it once and found it to be a nice buzz if done in moderation. A very warm and chatty buzz, also a bit like being pissed and stoned.

Tastes bad tho :yuck:
  • Options
    I have never tried this but my friend has and others,while they were on it ,one of them passed out and just lay there for ages,was nearly sick but came back around,i dont really know much more about it than that.
  • Options
    The doseage curve is preaty steep, however the LD50 is actualy higher than a lot of people think. You just have to be careful thats all.
    Thats why when it is made illegal there will be more deaths and not less because people will take stuff they dont the know the dose off.
  • Options
    A friend of mine was well versed in the amount of GHB to take & sorted us out the night we all took it....

Got to say i had a bloody fantastic time on it, at the end of the night I slept for four hours but felt like i had, had 12 & no comedown... I have been told body builders use it sometimes, as Bong budda said it is a sedative & it promotes the kind of deep sleep that promotes muscle repair after a big workout... but that could just be a drug urban myth...

CRE is right it tastes horrible, we took it with orange cordial but it still tasted rank....
  • Options
    What did yours taste like, GHB shouldnt actualy have a really strong taste, it doesnt taste nice but its not that strong.

And yes it does promote the type of sleep that you mention, and I know what you mean about the four hours sleep, it wears off after that and you can find it hard to get back to sleep.
    Its because GHB depresses your dopamine so when it wears off you get what it termed as dopamine bounce back and you wake up, this is especialy true if used in high doses or over many hours.

It is also this depression of the dopamine that makes it potencialy addictive, you get used to that and if you use ALL the time the dopamine bounce back can be preaty bad.
  • Options
    can only describe it as a plasticy taste... made you grimace....

Not nice!
  • Options
    I hate to tell you but you didnt have GHB;

Mildly salty = GHB

Plasticy = GBL
  • Options
    oh.... ok...

Well still have the GHB experience to do then.....

Just got to find some now huh?!
  • Options
    They are similar, ish, some people even prefer GBL, but I would say that its a poor imitation. Its more like getting drunk and there is more sedation with it.
    On the other hand it is much cheaper. But since I OD'd on it and went to hospital it hasnt really apealed to me, strangely.