Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Anyone watching?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just flicked over to BBC2, live in the commons. Its heating up in there. Blair and Ducan Smith are both shouting, and the place is packed! Shame i gota go soon:(

Comments

• Options
    order order
    now watching on line
  • Options
    Tony Blair and Parliment have done such a good job at keeping the UK safe. Anyone who isn't aware of the terrorist attacks on London and Scotland that new anti-terrorist laws and good policing prevented, should really be ashamed to live in a democracy. Sure, their may be profit reasons for war. But the compeling evidence is that Iraq had not just one but two Al Qaeda cells operating out of it, had a training camp for terrorists that used an Iraqi passenger jet for training and had the capabilities to produce WMD. The same gang that wanted to give the UN more time to find WMD, now want to give no time to the liberation forces.

And morally, like the US, the UK has stood for something. While the rest of so much of the world was content to pressure Saddam to adhere to UN sanctions, none of these liberals had any intention of removing the worst tyrant of our time who was torturing Muslims and murdering Muslims in his country.
  • Options
    Looks like el jocko is back or pnj is having another of his schizoid episodes.
    The same gang that wanted to give the UN more time to find WMD, now want to give no time to the liberation forces.

Whichever person you may be, you have it backwards once again.

Fact is, though you are so heavily propagandised and so unconcerned about the increasingly evident truth that you and the rest of the American public, and the international community were systematically lied to and defrauded for corrupt aims, that you refuse to see it...

The same gang that wanted to give the UN no more time to find WMD, now want to give all the time in the world to the conquering and occupying forces and their imperialistic Pentagon leaders. Certainly enough time to plant evidence without the inconvenient presence of any third party to verify such a "find" when they are finally up against a wall and have to produce something or face political ruin.

Despite your gullible and tenacious refusal to accept the truth, the tide at some point will turn against your deluded view and the public will finally awaken to their civic duty to haul these lying scumbags on the carpet to account for their abuse of power and betrayal of the faith of the nation.
  • Options
    I would like everyone to put August the 20th in their diaries.

That is the day when the coalition will have had as much time searching for WMD in Iraq as the UN inspectors did (but the coalition does have much better conmditions to work under i.e. no Saddam interfering)
  • Options
    All the more reason why, if they had such conclusive and unquestionable intelligence, they should have easily uncovered these WMDs (which were supposedly to be ready to launch in 45 minutes and capable of hitting us thousands of miles away) by now, let alone in the same time span afforded to the inspectors. :rolleyes: :lol:
  • Options
    Also I think the above stattement by Pj is the real Pj, I think they have spooked him...........
  • Options
    No theyve brainwashed him, and quite easily it should be added.
  • Options
    Okay, we supposedly had satellites which proved to us Saddam had WMD "ready for launch in 45 minutes" so we must have seen them surely? Or had locations for them? What did Colin Powell present to the UN if not plans of missile silos and laboratories? So, and this could be me being stupid, surelyall we had to do was go to the locations shown on the satellite images and voila WMDs.

After all for us to know there were WMDs we must have seen them in some shape of form so we would know where they are? Unless our government made up/spun/doctored the information they were given, nahhh but surely our government wouldn't lie to us? :D:lol:
  • Options
    I don't know about Blair, but Bush will be reelected. It looks like the stock market is going to pop 10,000 this week. Isn't that an indication of a booming economy. I think I heard my teacher say that.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I don't know about Blair, but Bush will be reelected....

God help us all....:rolleyes:
  • Options
    It looks like the stock market is going to pop 10,000 this week. Isn't that an indication of a booming economy. I think I heard my teacher say that.
    Not necessarily, it shows confidence but stock market booms are often based on specualtion rather than hard economic facts.........
  • Options
    Tony Blair and Parliment have done such a good job at keeping the UK safe. Anyone who isn't aware of the terrorist attacks on London and Scotland that new anti-terrorist laws and good policing prevented, should really be ashamed to live in a democracy.
    The UK has remained attack-free so far (as have about 98% of the earth's nations) and the ones to thank for whatever attacks might have been prevented are our intelligence services and police forces. The knee-jerk new anti-terrorism laws introduced by Tony Blair and his government have only succeeded in locking up people without charging them for an indefinite period of time, a la Guantanamo, and in every single last case the person appears to be not guilty. Don't give Blair credit that isn't due.
    Sure, their may be profit reasons for war. But the compeling evidence is that Iraq had not just one but two Al Qaeda cells operating out of it, had a training camp for terrorists that used an Iraqi passenger jet for training and had the capabilities to produce WMD. The same gang that wanted to give the UN more time to find WMD, now want to give no time to the liberation forces.
    pnj, I thought we went through this the other day. :rolleyes: . There was "no second Al Qaida group" operating from Al Qaida. Your overloading imagination made that up after reading that "US intelligence officers" said one of the men involved in the Casablanca bombings might have lived in Iraq once. Do I really need to point out the difference again?

As a matter of fact, please provide links for the passenger jet training and the WMDs capability, because no offence but I reckon it's all bollocks. But even if it was true those camps were in Kurdish-controlled territory.

And as it has been pointed out millions of times before, the war on Iraq and t.w.a.t have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Please, please, please give everyone a rest and quit talking about Al Qaida and Muslim terrorists in posts that have nothing to do with Al Qaida and terrorists.
    And morally, like the US, the UK has stood for something.
    Yep. For the ultimate right to do what one wants, to ignore international law and to invade sovereign nations for the sole purpose of geopolitical and economic control.
    none of these liberals had any intention of removing the worst tyrant of our time who was torturing Muslims and murdering Muslims in his country.
    Do you mean like successive US governments, including good old Donald Rumsfield, who not only didn't have any intention of removing Saddam when he was of use to Washington, but who actually supplied the WMDs for the torturing and killing?
  • Options
    one of the men involved in the Casablanca bombings

True, although he was the leader/fundraiser.
  • Options
    You are missing the point. That a man who was later involved in a bombing used to live in another country has nothing to do with the country in question being involved in terrorism. By association, your own country is guilty of terrorism since many if not all of the 9/11 attackers lived in America.