Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

First Time On Ecstacy.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi everyone. i have never taken e's in my entire life, i am going to ibiza in august clubbing and im wanting to try them there. but i'm quite worried about the comedown off them and the risks etc. can any one tell me how i can make it safer and less risky. should i take half a tab to see how they effect me first? please help.

Comments

• Options
    Umm, if its your first time you might not want to be in a club, but it depends if you like that sort of thing. personally id prefer to be somewhere with all my mates away from strangers. Um you should really only take 1/2 on your first time but i ended up takin the other half on my first time befor i came up. Umm basically remember to drink water and dont go over the top on the dancefloor. You might take a while to come up on your first time, quite a lot of people do. but dont worry you will come up. i find it best not to think about it when your waiting to come up. If your not a smoker i recomend taking it up for the night as cigerettes are good on pills. Are you goin to be with anyone who has taken pills befor as this can help a lot. As for the comedown some people dont get comedowns on there first time but if you do it aint that bad, just chill out with your mates (preferable the ones who droped with you) some poeple like to smoke weed on comedowns and i found it helped. Basically just dotn worry about it and enjoy yourself. It'll be the best night of your life :D
  • Options
    my friend is going with me who is 18 i am only 16, i am worried about the comedown and how bad i look when going back to thew hotel. how long do the effects last. my friend has took ecstacy and said he doesnt want to take it again and "advises" me not too. i am the sort of person that will try anything once and wont give up untill i have tried everything, if u know what i mean. thanks for the help

Craig
  • Options
    I really wouldnt worry about the comedown. the effects can last any amount of time. Usually takes anything from 15-90 mins to come up. Then for about 30 mins to 3 or 4 hours you can feal i kinda rush goin through you. after that you feal kinda warm and fuzzy, just really happy for a few hours. If its your first time you may well feal the effects all night. You will look very tired the next day but people probly wont link it to taking pills. I wouldnt listen to your friend as every person who has taken pills tell other people not to. Im guilty of that one myself. I have one warning for you though. If you are planning on tryin pills just this once there is a very high chance you will take them again and again. Nearly everyone says they will try them just once then ends up takin them every week. I myself did the very same thing.
    Are you quite close friends with the person your are going with? cause you would feal a lot more at ease if you are. Like i said before though, dont worry about ti and enjoy yourself.:thumb:
  • Options
    you have been a great help. what is the comedown like though? is it like a hangover?
  • Options
    well depends how bad it is. can be quite a good comedown where your just tired and feal a bit drained. But me and my mates have some some awful come downs. You can feal depressed, your stomach can hurt, you can sweat a lot or you can feal very sick, also if you had snorted any your nose can feal a bit hurt. If you only take 1 then you should have a realitivly easy comedown, your might find that you just cant really be botherd to think anything, your not happy but not sad. I have generally found that i cant make decisions on comedowns, i just sit there and let someone else do the thinkin for me lol. Someone i knew once recommended having a wank on your comedown but it never really appealed to me.:lol:
  • Options
    Oh i just remeberd a efw more things. Your eyes might shake and your vision my go blurry, also depending on the pill you might have slight hullucinations but its nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Oh and here is the best way to deal with a comedown. Its never failed me yet.

When the effects are startin to ware of get yourself really pissed. Usually 8-10 beers should do the job. With a bit of luck youll drink yourself to sleep and you can catch up on all the sleep you missed. When you wake up there will be no comedown but a nice big hangover. Then i suggest you head straight to the pub.
  • Options
    the day after i take it will i be able to go get pissed the following night or will i just feel shite? the thing is my parents are going but i wont be with them but i would see them the morning after i take it so do you think it would be recognisable that i have taken something?
  • Options
    oooo, looks like you've answered that1.
  • Options
    Um basically use the comedown cure, that way when you see your parents you'll look hungover. If you dont feal like drinking just force the first few pints dont you and then it will be easy. Noone has ever noticed when im on a comedown.
  • Options
    what about alcohol when i've take the e? should i drink alcohol or is the a no no? sorry about all the questions but i really want to make it as safe as possible and so my parent dont find out. how much should i be paying per pill ish? i will be buying them when i'm in ibiza.
  • Options
    You should be ok drinkin alcohol whist on pills as long as you drink water too. Im not sure you would want to drink whilst on pills but it doesnt really have much of an effect. Im not sure on prices in ibiza but in england they can range from £3-£6 but you dont wanna be payin more than £5 really
  • Options
    if im not dancing how much water should i drink? say on a hourly basis (how many pints per hour?)

i've been reading articles on ecstacy.org and other sites and i am definatley going to try it in August. when im in ibiza.
  • Options
    Beerboys talked sense, so theres no point me repeating it - listen to beerboy! :p But, just wanted to say that I know a few people who have had their first time on Es when raving with me, all of them have taken a half and been disappointed at the results.

I started on 4 smilies, and they did me good.

It may be a good idea to take half, and as beerboy said, you probably should take half... but i dont expect you would have as good a time as you could on say 2 for your first time... but, ive got no evidence to show that, its just based on the experiences of my friends and i.

But, better safe than sorry.. And if i was you, id try pills before you go to ibiza, when youre with friends you trust and not in a club environment. Everyone reacts differently to pills, and if you are one of those people who has very bad reactions to even half a pill, it would be safer to find that out in the UK than ibiza.

You should drink a bottle of water per hour if youre dancing. Dont over do it.
  • Options
    Please! this is supposed to be harm reduction!

Your suggesting that he should drink 8-10 pints on his comedown?!
    Drinking and MDMA are really not a wise idea, it will ruin the proper experiance and will knacker your liver.

I'd suggest that you invest in a testing kit so you can see what is in your pills so you dont get something nasty on your first time. That and you should read the FAQ on www.bluelight.nu they have all the info you could possibly need about MDMA.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Please! this is supposed to be harm reduction!

Your suggesting that he should drink 8-10 pints on his comedown?!
    Drinking and MDMA are really not a wise idea, it will ruin the proper experiance and will knacker your liver.

just read that bit too.... badboy drinking on a comedown might make u feel better... but its not worth it, and ull just feel crap for longer than if u just let the comedown ride out on its own.

personally, after a session on pills at a rave i normally get myself a bottle of water and an oj, drink both then lay down (either sleeping or just watching tv) but not moving! with a bottle of water by the sofa until the evening when ill have a few spliffs, the spliffs make me feel normal again.

edited to add..... this is just what i do, i dont know whther its a good thing or bad thing, i just know for me its the best way to get through a comedown.
  • Options
    You really shouldnt get a come down at all on your first time, in fact you shouldnt get a harsh feeling after MDMA at all as long as you treat it with respect, the problems come when you abuse it.
  • Options
    my worse ever comedown was my first comedown, whether it was actually that bad, or whether it was because id never experienced a come down b4 i dont know. But i felt really shitty, and cried-a lot!

the best comedown cure is an empathetic sister (mines great) or empathetic mates, on my first comedown i had my bf screwing at me for pilling behind his back, which made it worse. And its also good to have somebody to mother you after you take pills... and its important to have supportive and experienced pillers around you when you are on the pills... i didnt have that either.

saying that, it was still great.
  • Options
    DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Badboy, as Bongbudda has said, mixing ecstasy and alcohol isn't a good idea.

More info here:

http://www.thesite.org/info/drugs/the_drugs/ecstasy.html

http://www.thesite.org/magazine/specials_clubbing/drugs/comedowns.html
  • Options
    reading between the lines I can see that your quite worried about your paernts noticing....

So here's some good friendly advice from your uncle Little Bro....

While your on pills you dont think you look any different apart from maybe your eyes which will look like saucers.... So a good pair of dark or mirroed wrap arounds are a must.... & make sure you wear them quite a few times before the night so your mum does not suddenly spot them & get suspicious.....

whilst your on the pills you will gurn like hell... your chin will point foward & your cheeks pinch back a little.... If your Mum see's you at any point she will deff know all is not normal....

As any decent 16 year old on holiday with their parents you will be avoiding them like the plauge anyway... but dont go down to breaky every morning with them, then suddenely dont go down after your Pill night as she will worry why & come & check on you....

I deff dont recomend drinking any more than a couple of beers before you drop, otherwise the experiences mix & you dont know how much of it is drink & how much the pill, Also I find if i drink too much the next day i have hardly any recolation of the night! Only done it twice, the last time being the last weekend & i was pretty annoyed with myself, as there wasnt much point going out if i couldnt remember it !!!

Bongbudda's testing kit is a good idea.... never bought pills abroad, but i imagine there will be a few sharks out there...?

Can only suggest asking around some people who have been there for a while who they were buying off & try & buy off a brit rather than a Spainard....

Good luck, if your sensible about it (which you seem to be as your asking advice before you try it) you should have a great night...

One other thing, put everything in place so your not worried about getting cuaght by your parents, your state of mind at the point of taking is quite important... if your worried about things it wont be as good....
  • Options
    i'd like to thank everyone for all the help, i feel lot better about it now and not so "in the dark"

Thanks again
  • Options
    oo0h and yeah like lil_minx said you should drink about a pint of water if your dancing but if your not then it's only half that.
  • Options
    I wouldnt pay much attention to everything you hear about drugs, although it might make you more likly to overheat i have never seen mixing alchohol and pills do anything bad. Myself and my friends have reguly drank after dropping pills and have been fine. Infact like i said we have fealt better afterwards. :D Anyway dont want to start an argument, just wanted to piont out my case.
  • Options
    There are no real rules in terms of how much you should drink, just make sure that you drink some non-caffine or booze drink when you feel thirsty.

Beerboy; Just because you've manged to survive your drinking and pill use does NOT make it safe.