Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Where would you go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If you had to run away somewhere and take just your lover/best friend with you where would you go?And what would yu take with you?

I'd either go for somewhere like Hawai-
Or off to some tropical deserted Island ame love all down- drink cocunts and walk around in fig leafs- he he
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    I'd go to Rome, because I fell in love with the city when I was there. It's just so beautiful, the sort of place I could easily live in and not get bored. There's so much to do, so much to see.
  • Options
    Ok I would take my boyfriend to Canada with me this summer. I'm not sure what I'd like to take with us but we'd have fun:D

I have just realised that if me and my boyfriend are together come summer then it will be difficult to see one another due to the fact that he lives in another part of England to me. Oh well at least where he lives is almost next door to which part of the country I live in. But still !!!
  • Options
    italy
  • Options
    I only ever backpack and very irregularly in the West, but I would make an exception if it was for a special occasion (i.e. if I were to propose). I would try something quite unique, perhaps an ice hotel in Sweden, Finland or Iceland. Alternatively, should she be a keen trekker or backpacker, take her to her most desired location.
  • Options
    As Doctor Lurve said, some gorgeous unspoiled desert island with white sand and sparkling clear sea.... aaaaah :) romantic!

Or if I was taking my best friend, prob somewhere more interesting like Rome or Milan or Paris - somewhere with lots of things to do.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    As Doctor Lurve said, some gorgeous unspoiled desert island with white sand and sparkling clear sea.... aaaaah :) romantic!

I recommend the Andaman Islands (politically a part of India), 1000km from the Indian mainland, or the Lakshadweep Islands, off the coast of Kerala. Both of these places are truly tropical in every way, and offer the real possibility of a stereotypically isolated island paradise with no other people.
  • Options
    New Orleans, i'd stay there for a while then probably go back home, i don't like america much, but i haven't been to New Orleans and i'd like to go, during mari gras
  • Options
    The Maldives looks gorgeous in my honeymoon brochures.
  • Options
    Originally posted by fugue
    New Orleans, i'd stay there for a while then probably go back home, i don't like america much, but i haven't been to New Orleans and i'd like to go, during mari gras

Yeh I'd have to say New Orleans as well, but that's purely on the basis of A Streetcar Named Desire so it's probably totally different! :rolleyes:

I'd also really like to drive around america generally or else live in Ottowa because when I was there briefly last year it seemed pretty young and vibrant, which i wasn't expecting. :)
  • Options
    THe far east , travelling and seeing a world so different from our own.
  • Options
    I'd go here: www.neckerisland.com with 25 of my closest buddies .....................when I win the lottery (do you have to play to win?) ;)
  • Options
    I'd go here :yes:
  • Options
    id go to a deserted island where there was just the two of us

possibly somewhere like on the film 'the beach' but without the weirdos and violent drug lords
  • Options
    Yea i agree with Char_Baby with alot of weed plants or else LA or Amsterdam.There are so many places to choose from.
  • Options
    Cairo or Athens again
  • Options
    k well i dont have an "other half" at the mo, but if i did, we'd trek the inca trail :)
  • Options
    California. :D :hyper:
  • Options
    I'd go to anywhere really, not sure.:confused:
  • Options
    hmmm i'd go to a little chalet halfway up a mountain in the alps....roaring fire, furry rugs, mulled wine....maybe a few toys....oooh and theres a sauna in there somewhere :D
  • Options
    yea California :yes:

Starts to think about blow again and George's time in California :crazyeyes