Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

gurning....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When i first started pills, i was known for the rolling eyes and the gurning.. it started to wind me up and i begun to pay attention to the gurning and to try and stop it when i could feel it coming on.

Now, ive not gurned or had rolling eyes in months and months, it just doesnt happen... anyone else had that happen? Is gurning something that happens only at the beginning.. do u stop naturally after a while???

Comments

• Options
    I'd say it has a lot more to do with what's in your pills than any other factor.
    Although having said that I have heard magnesium can help.
  • Options
    I've found this too - although it may be down to what's in the pills each time I guess...

I've never been a gurner but very often got a nasty headache in both my temples towards the end of the night. I just put this down to the way my body reacted to the chemicals/tiredness/loud music/heat but realised lately that I was clenching my jaw really tightly which was straining my temples and causing the headaches. Since I realised, I've been able to stop doing it and not had any more trouble. It's a good thing with pills that u're still relatively in control of ur behaviour so u're able to tell urself not to do something, unless ur completely mashed.

My b/f did gurn really badly and used to chew half his mouth off which left him in pain for a few days afterwards. He's managed to learn to control it a bit more now and although he's still a gurner, he doesn't bite the inside of his mouth nearly as much.

Just hope it is a permanent behaviour change cos it'd make for an even better experience :)
  • Options
    TEETH!

The next day my teeth kill from where i have been grinding my teeth & holding my jaw... you can sometime realise your doing it & stop yourself, but most time you have been doing it for a while before you notice!

I also rub my teeth over my lips making them sore.... ow ow ow....

Maybe i should wear a gum shield....? could be the next glow sticks? luminous gum shield? Ok then maybe not.... :p
  • Options
    Originally posted by little_uk_bro
    Maybe i should wear a gum shield....? could be the next glow sticks? luminous gum shield? Ok then maybe not.... :p

i bought a glowing gum shield at a rave the other week for my mate.. gorgeous things! (he was really happy-and wore it all night, i made out that i bought it for him out of concern for his mouth.. really i just wanted to see him looking like a plum) :p
  • Options
    you never know it could catch on
  • Options
    i hope it does... give me something to giggle about when im raving :D