Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Simple THC extraction

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Warning: The following is for educational purposes only, any attempt to recreate the outlined procedure could result in severe penalties. THC extraction is classed as a Class A offence. I take no responsiblity for anyones actions................(as I'm not sure on the legality of posting this kind of topic).

Anyway, cannabis oil can be made using resin or weed and some growers use the leaf material that they might normally throw away. Here is what you will need:-

A pyrex dish
A 2ft length of rigid tubing with 1.5" diameter width.
Coffee filters
Cellotape
A deoderant can lid (1.8" diameter)
2 x 200ml of butane lighter gas
A grinder of some description
1oz. of leaf/normal weed

Step 1
Grind up the leaf/weed as fine as you can. The finer the weed, the more oil is produced.

Step 2
Rip the coffee filter open and tape it to one end of the tubing, making sure that it is attached firmly and that there are no gaps.

Step 3
Slowly and carefully, empty all of the weed into the tube.

Step 4
Attach the deoderant lid (or equivelant) to the open end of the tube and seal it air tight with tape. Make a small hole in the top of the lid.

Step 5
Lighter gas usually comes with lighter attachments in the lid. Remove the one with the biggest hole at the end and fit that into the hole in the deoderant lid, making sure its a tight fit and air tight.

Step 6
Now, you're ready to go! Place the pyrex dish on the floor and holding the tube (filter end down) over the pyrex dish empty one can of gas into the top end of the tube.

Step 7
Not much will happen yet so immediately empty the 2nd can into the tube and keep an eye on the dish. A liquid will start to hiss and gush out the bottom into the dish. Keep clear of the fumes, you don't want a headache! the gas will quickly evaporate and the liquid will become a honey yellow colour. Once all the liquid has evaporated, you will be left with cannabis honey oil. Scape this off the dish and store it in a homemade plastic wrap.

Step 8
Skin up and get absolutely mashed :D ..................

Comments

• Options
    I've only had oil once and I wasnt that impressed, first of all I had it on foil so I chased it, which doesnt really make it feel all that natural and secondly it felt a bit over powering, it wasnt the type of stonned that I enjoy.
  • Options
    dont use it
    Its over-rated, absolutely jammed FULL of butane and other disgusting chemicals that are by-products of when u isometrize leaf matter and buds.
    it'll get you fucked, but is much worse than soap.

whats the betting i get a reply saying how pure THC oil / honey oil etc is!

its not. Learn it.

and dont waste your leaf matter, instead either make ice-hash using bubble bags or rub it through a 150 micron screen to make Kif
  • Options
    I'm afraid I have to disagree Rob...It's true that the oil is very strong and perhaps too much so for some people, but to compare it to soap is totally wrong. Have you ever tried the method yourself? You'd be very surprised at the results....

As for smoking it off tin foil, why? The oil just goes to waste and tastes harsh as. Just heat up the oil on a knife and wipe it on the baccy and skin, it's simple and none goes to waste.

In regards to it being full of butane your so wrong! Butane is a gas at room temperature, so unless you keep the oil frozen, it is extremely unlikely that you will find any traces in the final product. And what are these other so-called nasty substances? Its only butane gas being used. In fact studies made by Red Eye magazine (issue 13) suggest that under a 20x loop, no visible evidence of residue (harmful or otherwise) was found in the end product of precisely the same method.

I can't give a fair judgement on the Ice-o-lator hash as I've never smoked it, so I can't compare it..I've heard good things about it, but I'll bet that the oil is just that bit purer.

• Options
    Well I got given it in a tin foil rap and it was all sqwished in so I just chased it, seemed the easier option.