Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help me plzzzzzzzzzzz

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey, me and my bf had sex the other day, i dont know wether he came inside me or not and i dont wana feel a knob sayin oh btw did u cum inside me? lol. but newayz, i am on the pill, but id forgotten it that morning, and so therfor hadnt taken it since 7 the previous morning, i took it as soon as i got home about half 2 ish. im a bit worried. wot should i do? could i be pregnant? help me!! lol sorry i know paranoid!
thanks xxxx

Comments

• Options
    Just ask him and tell him why your asking, he will be as bothered as you are to know...:)
  • Options
    You're right to be worried, I'd be terrified! It doesn't matter whether your boyfriend actually 'came' inside you, there's still a risk you could get pregnant anyway.

Keep taking the pill as normal, but if I were you I'd go to the doctors, take a morning-after pill and their advice. Ooh zeugma. Sorry, ignore me. Might be worth taking a pregnancy test too - I don't want to scare you but the risk *is* real, better safe than sorry!
  • Options
    Hold on a minute, so you mean you took your pill 7 hours late? What kind of pill is it? If it's a combined pill, you should be fine - you can take them up to 12 hours late and still be protected. But if it's progesterone only, then you need to take it within a few hours, so you may be at risk.

I think I've understood that right - unless you mean you took it at 2 the next morning? In which case, you either need to take the morning after pill very very soon or, um... pray.

The likelihood is you're not pregnant but better safe than sorry - I agree with everything PD said. You wouldn't be able to do a pregnancy test until after your period's due, though

And don't be ashamed to ask your boyfriend if he came! If you've just had sex with him then you've got nothing to be embarrassed about really.

LSS
  • Options
    I agree with perfect***day. This happened to me before and I was stupid and didn't do anything about it. I just worried which made my period late the next month but fortunately I was OK. I think you should see your doctor to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    You're right to be worried, I'd be terrified! It doesn't matter whether your boyfriend actually 'came' inside you, there's still a risk you could get pregnant anyway.

how!?!? :crazyeyes :(:confused:
  • Options
    Originally posted by lisa simpson's saxophone
    Hold on a minute, so you mean you took your pill 7 hours late? What kind of pill is it? If it's a combined pill, you should be fine - you can take them up to 12 hours late and still be protected. But if it's progesterone only, then you need to take it within a few hours, so you may be at risk.

LSS
    Oh yeah, good point. I'm on the progesterone only one so I always think you have to take the pill the same time each day, but if you're on the combined one then you should be ok :)
  • Options

I think I've understood that right - unless you mean you took it at 2 the next morning? In which case, you either need to take the morning after pill very very soon or, um... pray.

The likelihood is you're not pregnant but better safe than sorry - I agree with everything PD said. You wouldn't be able to do a pregnancy test until after your period's due, though

And don't be ashamed to ask your boyfriend if he came! If you've just had sex with him then you've got nothing to be embarrassed about really.

LSS

no no no lol. i took the pill at 7am on the friday mornin, and then at half 2 on the saturday afternoon! :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by **TiNk**
    how!?!? :crazyeyes :(:confused:
    Without wanting to go into toooo much detail, the 'pre-cum' lubrication that appears on his penis when he has an erection can contain sperm, therefore it can get you pregnant.

That's as far as I know, if anyone knows better then do correct me.
  • Options
    no no no lol. i took the pill at 7am on the friday mornin, and then at half 2 on the saturday afternoon! :(
    Yeah but that's still only 7 and a half hours later than you should have taken saturday morning's pill- LSS is right, that's fine.
  • Options
    Without wanting to go into toooo much detail, the 'pre-cum' lubrication that appears on his penis when he has an erection can contain sperm, therefore it can get you pregnant.

That's as far as I know, if anyone knows better then do correct me.
    :crying:
  • Options
    Tink what kind of pill is it? What's it called?

You took it at 7am on Friday morning. That means you should have taken it at 7am on Saturday morning. You took it at 2:30 instead, so that was 7 and a half hours late. Is it a combined pill?
  • Options
    Yeah but that's still only 7 and a half hours later than you should have taken saturday morning's pill- LSS is right, that's fine.

pleazzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee be right!!
  • Options
    pleazzzzzzzzzzeeeeeeeee be right!!

I can tell you if she's right or not if you tell me which pill you're on! :)
  • Options
    Tink what kind of pill is it? What's it called?

You took it at 7am on Friday morning. That means you should have taken it at 7am on Saturday morning. You took it at 2:30 instead, so that was 7 and a half hours late. Is it a combined pill?

its the combined pill, so that means im okay doesnt it?
  • Options
    its the combined pill, so that means im okay doesnt it?
    Yep :) panic over I think!
  • Options
    Check your leaflet, but I'd say yes. If you usually take it around 7am then you can take it up until 7pm and still be covered. It should say all this in the leaflet which comes with your pills though. I'm on Microgynon 30 which has a very detailed information leaflet with it, which explains this thoroughly and says that as long as you take the pill within 12 hours, you're still contraceptively covered.

Panic over, I hope!

LSS
  • Options
    I take it the guy wasn't wearing protection so go to the doctors. The pill although one of the safest methods of contraception cannot stop you from becoming pregnant and as you forgot the pill theres more chance of you being pregnant.
  • Options
    Check your leaflet, but I'd say yes. If you usually take it around 7am then you can take it up until 7pm and still be covered. It should say all this in the leaflet which comes with your pills though. I'm on Microgynon 30 which has a very detailed information leaflet with it, which explains this thoroughly and says that as long as you take the pill within 12 hours, you're still contraceptively covered.

Panic over, I hope!

LSS

im on the same one as u! yey! i think im okay! thank u! :D thanx perfect***day aswell. :) xxx
  • Options
    Originally posted by jacaranda
    I take it the guy wasn't wearing protection so go to the doctors. The pill although one of the safest methods of contraception cannot stop you from becoming pregnant and as you forgot the pill theres more chance of you being pregnant.

Nooo don't scare her, we just managed to establish that she hadn't taken it too late. The pill CAN stop you from getting pregnant, pretty effectively actually! It's around 98% effective if taken properly.

I usually use condoms as well for extra reassurance, but sometimes we don't, if we're in the heat of the moment. I always take my pills on time though, touch wood.
  • Options
    Sorry if I scared you I was thinking whilst I wrote my last post that there was a slim chance of people getting pregnant if on the pill. But and I must stress this it is even better if both partners use protection.
  • Options
    I just checked with my better half, and she says that you should be OK, but advises a visit to the doc for a possible "morning after pill", which is good for up to 72 hours, which will cover you beyond Monday AM.

Somewhere...........A Frog's Dreaming
  • Options
    Originally posted by Slids
    Just ask him and tell him why your asking, he will be as bothered as you are to know...:)

I don't understand if you did take it within 24 hours but asking him won't lessen the risk if you WERE late taking the pill, the fluids released during sex could get you pregnant!