Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

New job - Whooohoooo!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just been offered a new job, which has loads more prospects and a huge client base (including BBC, Kodak, Thomson Directory, Motorola, etc), so I'm well chuffed! :D

I'm going to accept once I've received the contract, which means I'm going to have to hand in my notice to my current employer. I've never had to do this before and haven't got a clue of what to include in my letter. Any advice?! And how do I tell them!!!!!!

I've been here for 32 months now and have been with them through both good and bad times, and have become good friends (professionally) with the Director. I want to leave on good terms, but know they are not epecting this! Eeek.

Scared! Help! :(

Comments

• Options
    Congratulations! Good luck with your new job.

There are lots of different resignation letters you can write, for example:
    http://www.icircle.co.uk/html/CAREERS/Leaving_your_job/FEATURE/5510.html

If you are on good terms with your employer, make sure it's a pleasant friendly one. Say one or two nice things in your letter. If they are your friends then they will understand, even if it comes as a bit of a shock to them.
  • Options
    Thank you!

Just the thing :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    If you are on good terms with your employer, make sure it's a pleasant friendly one. Say one or two nice things in your letter. If they are your friends then they will understand, even if it comes as a bit of a shock to them.

Besides you may want a reference from them in the future... ;)
  • Options
    Handed my notice in - boss wasn't happy at all :(

Horrible!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Infernoid
    Handed my notice in - boss wasn't happy at all :(

Horrible!

Hope you got your new contract signed and sealed first.

I worked for a company - one of the key people in the company hired a fried to work there, then a week later they were let go and so too was the person she hired - she was let go 1 week before due to start and had already handed in notice at her old company so was left without any job!!