Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

for people who know about the girl i wanted

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi again folks.

wel here i am again with another little problem.

Since the little thing with the girl I was after occured, I have stayed very good friends with her and talked to her all the time and got to know her better than before.

The weird thing is now, when I am with her, a part of me feels that we are friends and nothing else and yet when Im not with her I fee like I really need her and want to be with her more than a friend.

And now this morning we were texting a bit and she told me she has got a new boyfriend from work(her part time job at a solicitors) she's 17 and he's 19-surprise surprise! (thats one of the things I hate- a girl cant choose someone her own age, or a bloke cant get a girl his own age)

from hearing that I really didnt know what to say. i jus ended up asking her when it started.

A part of me is quite snide i know and hopes that this relationship doesnt last long, but of course i want her to be happy and I thought that as we were in our own kind of relationship, I was hoping that eventually it would lead to something more.

i need some help to overcome this event.help me folks!!

Comments

• Options
    Re: for people who know about the girl i wanted
    Originally posted by frapestyle

she's 17 and he's 19-surprise surprise! (thats one of the things I hate- a girl cant choose someone her own age, or a bloke cant get a girl his own age)

Sorry that made me laugh. This isn't school anymore, you don't stick to people from your own year!
  • Options
    re

This isnt school anymore? How many couples of the same age did u see at your school? I saw none whatsoever, all of them had a 2-3 year age gap.

One of the ideas i had at college was for the girls to spend more time with lads their own age and realise they are just as good as lads 2 or 3 years older.
  • Options
    Girls mature faster than lads and so obviously will go for older guys who are at the same stage of maturity (if that makes sense). It used to piss me off at school all the girls going for older guys but now I am one of the older guys and I like it. Your time will come when the younger girls want you and all the younger lads will be thinking 'look at that nob why can't he get a lass his own age', but it won't bother you then.
    As for your mate, I think you just have to let her get on with it, I've been in a similar situation with a mate but there was no chance of getting together due to my ex been a mate of hers. We flirted like mad with each other but knew it couldn't go further, she ended up with someone else and so did I in the end and we just carried on been mates.
    I know your situation is slightly different but I think you should just carry on been friends, don't try and break them up, don't start saying shit like 'Why can't guys like that get a girl there own age' cos it'll make you look like a nob. She's got with this guy for a reason and it almost certantly isn't JUST because he's 2yrs older. Just be there and you never know your time might come :)
  • Options
    re:

That maybe so but with the stories I hear about what girls my age get up to with lads older than them, then I really have to disagree on that statement about maturity.

Me and her have been friends for 6 months now so I’d say that was quite long and we’ve got to know each other better. This other guy has known her for about a month and that’s through seeing her once a week at work.

My brother and his girlfriend are both 22 and have been together for 3 years. They really are made for each other.

I don’t know that in her head what I wanted was a serious relationship and she wasn’t ready for that. Well in a way I do want a serious relationship but I can’t really with her because she is going to live in Scotland in September and this is Manchester we are talking about, so even if it was jus for a short while, jus a bit of fun. Either way, me and this guy will end up without her by September.

At the end of the day, I really don’t think girls do mature faster, especially not after school. They may be sharper than lads but when it comes down to being sensible and making right choices, I think an age gap isn’t necessary.
  • Options
    An age gap isn't necessary, but like I said she won't have gone for this guy just because he's older. If she has then there is something wrong. You start seeing someone because you like them, you get on with them, you have a laugh with them etc. etc. not because they're older.
    Me and her have been friends for 6 months now so I’d say that was quite long and we’ve got to know each other better. This other guy has known her for about a month and that’s through seeing her once a week at work.
    So with this statement all I can presume is that she obviously doesn't see you as a boyfriend and just a friend and she obviously wants more than just friendship from this other guy cos she's got together with him when she doesn't know him that well.