Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

lonely

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I just dont know what to do anymore. Everything I try seems to just fail. I approach other people, but its always my mates who seem to pull the pretty ladies that I manage to get over. I just dont understand anymore. Im more myself than I've ever been and I make alot more effort than I used to to attract women, but I still seem to be failing somewhere.

I've given my 110% over the past couple of years at uni, but I just feel like I'm slipping backwards. No one seems to show any interest back and the frustration is killing me. Help!:(

Comments

• Options
    Are you perhaps sending out messages that are far too intense? Or are you just after a shag..

I dunno...Something isn't workng. Either the girls are scared of you because you are too intense about meeting them or too uncommited to be a good prospect.

Perhaps you need to find a middle ground?
  • Options
    To be honest, thats what is driving me nuts. I dont act sex mad, and I try to be nice to the people that I meet. I guess I may be a little nervous sometimes because I lack any experience with relationships. However, I never seem to be able to get close enough to enjoy a proper relationship anyway. It is so frustrating. I have made alot of great friends at uni, but most of them are male.
  • Options
    I went to uni a virgin and left a virgin - I had 2 short relationships but was too scared to commit to anything ... in fact, although Some people did fancy me I didn't have sex until I was 26 and have only been really in love once.

Perhaps you need to try to just make friends with girls rather than seeing them all as possible 'girlfriends'

You sound like a nice guy so I'm sure there is someone out there who will make you happy. Perhaps you aren't picking up the signs properly and there are girls who like you but can't approach you.
  • Options
    Dont worry, im in the same situation. Ive come to the conclusion that im too damn nice because my friends who are bitches always get what they want in the end. Guys just slip from my fingers :(
  • Options
    I went through the same thing at uni. Most of my friends were blokes and the girls I did know, I never liked like that or the other way around. I learnt some stuff through the whole thing which I hope will be useful.

Be happy with being single. Relationships aren’t going to make everything better. If you enter a relationship with high expectations you are likely to both get hurt. When you do get into a relationship (and you will :D) they will know what you are after. You may not be acting sex mad but if you are they will know it and if she’s a nice lady she’ll run for the hills! First and foremost be a friend to people and not just people you fancy.

And Fairy, do you really want a guy like that. There are nice guys out there. Maybe you are looking in the wrong places?

Lmao. I sound like that song from a few years ago. Sunscreen I think it was called :lol: