Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

My ex GF

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
she arranged for us to meet on tues after breaking up on sun. she wanted to clear the air and talk about being friends. I phone her up last night to arrange to meet. she couldn't make it because she had to pick up some tickets, so i wasnt too happy so we talked on the phone. everything was cool. so i speak to her today only to find out that she went on a date with a bloke i apparently know, but she wont tell me because she feels guilty.

i thought we could've been friends, but as soon as we finished she's got another poor bugger lined up.

I hate her!!!:mad:

i have an idea as to who he is aswell.

Comments

• Options
    So? she aint ya girl no more hunny, get over it and in no circumstances what so ever let her know your bothered!! shes probably lying anyway but shes more likely to tell you if she knows it wont cause problems. You dumped her, whats the deal? Move on mate.

:eek2:
  • Options
    So - when you agreed to meet up with her were you expecting some kind of romantic reunion?

At least she finished with you before she hooked up with her new bloke. If you want to be friends you'll have to accept she might want to move on.

sorry kid, but you have to try to rise above this situation and move on too. XX
  • Options
    I've had the same done to me. Don't be angry at her try to still be friends with her. You are going to find other girls too. She's probably still on the rebound or something from you breaking up; if you wan't to be her friend then be there for her because if she reacts like me she will probably have very many boyfriends flingy type thingy, because she wants what you two had back. That's just the way these things are, in time she'll realise that she can have something different with someone else and she'll want that, and you'll be friends.

Perhaps for now the best thing would be to give her a little space as you probably need to get each others heads orientated. And don't be angry about her with these other guys shes probably suffering and needs an ego boost / someone to fill the 'whole'.

Don't have a go at her now because trust me you will regret it later :(. I did and now I'm losing a great friendship, all because I had to hate her to stop loving her.
  • Options
    thats the problem with these message boards, not everyone knows the full story.

The way she was speaking on the phone was that she would do anything for us to get back together or even just be friends. SHE arranged the meeting not me. She then thought fuck it, this bloke (whos shes had a crush on for the last two weeks) means more to her than the person she claims to love.

THATS WHAT FUCKS ME OFF.

I really wanted to be friends, but how can i with a person who has hurt me so much in the past and continues to hurt me now?

Im just gonna get on with things.

:mad:

im ok now. just needed a rant.:D
  • Options
    In my experience you can't get over someone if you carry on seeing/speaking to them. You need a bit of time away from her and it'll be much easier to cope with it all and get over her. Try and go out with your mates and have some fun, get used to not being with her 24/7!

edited to say: it's worked for me ;)
  • Options
    Re: My ex GF

Good - get on with things. You say she arranged the meet but then earlier you say that you called her - to finalise it - and she couldn't make it because she was picking up tickets...seems reasonable to me. People sometimes can't make it to things, other things come up.

The real story is that you are interpreting her wish to remain friends as something else. I would say her having another boyfriend is putting the message over loud and clear and you need to do just what you say you are going to .... move on.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Faith
    In my experience you can't get over someone if you carry on seeing/speaking to them. You need a bit of time away from her and it'll be much easier to cope with it all and get over her. Try and go out with your mates and have some fun, get used to not being with her 24/7!

edited to say: it's worked for me ;)

I agree
  • Options
    i know i have to do that.

im going out to have a blinder on the weekend

:cool:
  • Options
    Originally posted by TheCymruKid
    im going out to have a blinder on the weekend
    :thumb:

Hope you have a fab time hun!
  • Options
    its a bit iffy to jump straight into next relationship i dont care what you all say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Bomberman444
    its a bit iffy to jump straight into next relationship i dont care what you all say.

I said she was on the rebound.
  • Options
    Hang on a minute...Everyone is taken a very strange view of this.

I would be pretty pissed off if a so called FRIEND of mine said lets meet up on wednesday, then they said "Sorry can't make it I'm collecting some tickets" and then I find out afterwards that they actually was out on a date, having drinks with another mate or something.

Thats the big picture here - She doesn't deserve your friendship as she is obviously untrustworthy and full of crap. Bet you're glad you got out of that relationship, you can ssee what shes really like now. I mean if she can't be honest with you now that you have split, imagine all the lies and bullcrap she was probably coming up with while you dated her.

As for girls going on new dates days after an old relationship - Doesn't surprise me at all. They are fragile creatures that need love and effection from ANY source. They always line up a new partner before dumping their current one or quickly latch on to the next bloke to show interest when they are the ones that got dumped. Very sad. Maybe they are brought up wrong in schools.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

They always line up a new partner before dumping their current one or quickly latch on to the next bloke to show interest when they are the ones that got dumped.

Always?
  • Options
    I think anyone would be understandably annoyed at that behaviour, regardless of whether they admit it or not. I think the key is not to show your frustration, because that won't help at all. Instead, and if she contacts you and mentions it or something, bite your tongue and say 'that's nice for you; I hope it all works out' or something similar. She won't be expecting that and it might piss on her fireworks, so to speak. But whatever else you do, don't show her that it annoys you, makes you jealous or anything similar.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    Always?

Yep. You even did it to me once Karla, don't you remember? Don;t tell me I'm a forgotten ex already WAH!!! Why Karla Why? I loved you!
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    I think anyone would be understandably annoyed at that behaviour, regardless of whether they admit it or not. I think the key is not to show your frustration, because that won't help at all. Instead, and if she contacts you and mentions it or something, bite your tongue and say 'that's nice for you; I hope it all works out' or something similar. She won't be expecting that and it might piss on her fireworks, so to speak. But whatever else you do, don't show her that it annoys you, makes you jealous or anything similar.

Make a point of "I don't know why you couldn't just be honest. Shows what kind of girl you are. Any way, take care of you - I hope it all works out babes"

"So long SUCKER" is an optional extra.
  • Options
    Make a point of "I don't know why you couldn't just be honest. Shows what kind of girl you are. Any way, take care of you - I hope it all works out babes"

"So long SUCKER" is an optional extra.

Yeah, that's one option. Or you could just say 'have fun; hope it all works out for you' and not say anymore. If you shout at her or something, she might turn around and reply 'no wonder I'm not with you anymore'. Certainly difficult, but a polite and unambigious reply is needed, I think. You can, of course, swear and shout to yourself later, as I probably would. :p
  • Options
    Yep no swearing or shouting. If anything if you chuckle down the line "I can't believe you bullshitted me. Hope it all goes well" will make her enraged, angry, wanting you back, confused, and upset at her own actions. Its the best option as you are getting clear of her for good, but helping her improve herself by letting her know she was silly.
  • Options
    Hang on a minute...Everyone is taken a very strange view of this.

I would be pretty pissed off if a so called FRIEND of mine said lets meet up on wednesday, then they said "Sorry can't make it I'm collecting some tickets" and then I find out afterwards that they actually was out on a date, having drinks with another mate or something.

Thats the big picture here - She doesn't deserve your friendship as she is obviously untrustworthy and full of crap. Bet you're glad you got out of that relationship, you can ssee what shes really like now. I mean if she can't be honest with you now that you have split, imagine all the lies and bullcrap she was probably coming up with while you dated her.

As for girls going on new dates days after an old relationship - Doesn't surprise me at all. They are fragile creatures that need love and effection from ANY source. They always line up a new partner before dumping their current one or quickly latch on to the next bloke to show interest when they are the ones that got dumped. Very sad. Maybe they are brought up wrong in schools.

Mmmm...had some trouble with relationships young man?
  • Options
    You referring to the last paragraph? That was 75% reality, 75% humour. The rest of my post was damn true and you know it.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Karla
    Always?

lots of girls do, some cant hack being single, they are known as overlappers. I am not one of these as im comfortable being single;)
  • Options
    Yep. You even did it to me once Karla, don't you remember? Don;t tell me I'm a forgotten ex already WAH!!! Why Karla Why? I loved you!

Eh? *racks brain for distant memories*

:p Nah.
  • Options
    FInally! some people are understanding what im feeling! Thanx CUMMY and mobily.

She's never been single, she loves men. Im quite used to being single, it doesn't bother me.

The reason why we split was because I had different views on our relationship. I wanted it to be serious, she wanted to have fun. Fair enough. Me being in love with the girl, just wanted to cool things down, maybe not see her for a while, so it would be easier for me to handle. But she was like "i really want us to be friends...ur my best mate, i dont wanna lose you. Can we meet tomorrow after my driving lesson?" I wasn't to keen but i said yes anyways.

then i find ou that she has to go and get "tickets". Me pissed off enough that i had to cancel a night down the pub with my mates(who wanted to get me pissed coz they knew i was gutted) and she had done that to me.

Then im even more angry that the little 'ho went out on a date!!!

I cant believe it!!!

SHE wanted to be friends,SHE arranged the meeting,SHE fucked everything up.

SHE treated me like she always did, lack of respect, lack of attention, lack of life. I was her lap-dog and i never saw it because i was blind in love. If anyone recognises this situation, confront ur GF or BF and if they dont change for you, then get out, coz there's a lot lot more hurt in there.

Not one to be a pessimist, ive got a date on Saturday ! (she's just up for a laugh the same as me, and she knows im on the rebound, so everything's cool.I think ive found myself one of those "fuck buddies!" Happy days)

:D:D
  • Options
    I can totally see why you're pissed off but if you dumped her, there seems to be this unwritten rule that she has to fuck you around and behave like a bitch now. I dumped my last boyfriend and he KEPT telling me that he still loved me and wanted me back and so on. Then only a few months ago I found out that he'd immediately asked out my best friend! She'd said no and hadn't bothered to tell me but I couldn't believe it. But like I said, you dump them, they seem to have a 'right' to piss you off.
  • Options
    But Cymru-kid, your posts make it sound like you still really want to be with this girl and that she didn't want to be with you and so thats why the relationship ended.

you say you weren't that keen to meet up with her anyway so why get so stressed when something else came up.

People posting that women will do this to you don't help you with your quest to understand relationships, they just make you think that no woman can be trusted. As far as I can see this girl hasn't betrayed you, the relationship ended (whoever finnished it) and she is free to do what she wants.

If you can't cope with her wanting to be friends then don't keep trying...

You should have called your mates and re-arranged the drink instead of sitting about feeling bitter about it.

Looks like you have moved on now anyway but beware that you and your new fuck buddy don't end up wanting different things...like you wanting to be more serious and her wanting just fun, or you'll be right back in the same position!