Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Housemate Troubles

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi,

Im a student living with three other guys while i study at uni. I have been living with them for nearly a year now, but one of the guys (Harry) is constantly bitching about me to another of the guys(Will). I can't think what I have done to annoy Harry and he is nice to my face but then i hear what he has said from a variety of sources, not just Will, ive even read emails. Harry is moving out in a few weeks, but I have exams coming up and it's making me feel very self conscious and insecure, I'm not enjoying living here but I hope it will be better next term. Im not a confrontational person either so I would find it difficult to approach him and ask him why he dislikes me so much. Can anyone give me some advice on what I should do.

Thank you
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    hate to say this but someone will; its in the wrong forum lovey. It should be in relationships really.

anyway, not much you can do about this fella (harry), he's off in a few weeks anyway dont you say? im assuming he's not coming back again, so why not just keep your head down, spend some time out the place away from him, and look forward to when he's gone?
  • Options
    Originally posted by badabing
    hate to say this but someone will; its in the wrong forum lovey. It should be in relationships really.
    It fits into both quite well.
  • Options
    i think you should ignore it until the term ends, sure its nearly over and then you can move into another place well away from this chap.
  • Options
    Its in the right discussion board, badabing.

What my advice is depends on what hes been saying. If hes been saying that youre messy or dirty or never clean around the house, then listent o him as he has legitimate grievances, hes only not saying them to maintain an easy life. But if hes just being nasty and personal, then really all you can do is ignore him, as hell be going away soon enough.

Its not nice, Ive been on both sides of the fence, and if its about cleanliness hell have a very good point (I do abvout one of my housemates) but if its personal abuse then fuck him.
  • Options
    just try and get by the best you can look forward to the time when he's not around and just think summer is nearly here :)

Nobody should make you feel bad about yourself, feel insecure etc they may do if you let them but rise above their stupid antics and stand up for yourself protect yourself from these little creatures they aren't worth your time