Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Cannabis

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi, I'm new to these boards and so be nice!

I was wondering if someone could describe to me exactly whats it's like getting stoned? i have never taken any illegal drugs but i'm curious about weed, and am tempted to smoke it once, just to see what it's like. Is it very addictive? Would smoking one joint have any long-term health implications? I've read TheSite's drug info on it, but i just wanted some info from people who have actually tried it...

Comments

• Options
    Being stoned is a great feeling.
    Each 'stone' is different dpending on which type of cannabis it was that you smoked, and the amount taken. Sometimes you can get quite light-headed and are in a dreamy state. It's very relaxing, and you feel very sleepy sometimes.
    If you are 'high', then you can be quite energetic.

It's not physically addictive no, there won't be any cravings as such, but it can be mentally addictive.

And smoking one joint would have absolutely no long-term health effects, but if it's your first time then i wouldn't recommend smoking a whole joint yourself, even when experienced users smoke a whole joint themselves it can sometimes be too much.
  • Options
    Yeah i agree mainly with rise and shine. i used to smoke all the time but i dont anymore. dont know why just dont like it anymore. Also if you do try weed then on your first time get a lot of much and a funny video. i reckomend scary movie 2 or freddie got fingerd, they are sooo funny when very kained. Oh and have you smoked cigerettes befor otherwise you might find a jiont a bit harsh on the throat. Just dont smoke to much whilst new to smoking really.
  • Options
    sorry much was supost to be munch, i wouldnt recoment things like crisps as that can be a bit painful on your mouth
  • Options
    AW bless!! It might make you feel light headed and happy and like you want to giggle. Might also make you feel sick, like your first few fags might.

The tobacco will be more addictive than the dope.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks all who have replied and no, I haven't ever smoked fags at all. Will this make smoking pot for the first time unpleasant? i only really want to do it once anyhow just to see what it's like.
  • Options
    I had a fantastic post written earlier then it all went sideways on me and disapeared. Oh well here we go again, well I suppose its not really going again for you, because you didnt get that bit did you, so it should be here I go again, anyway.

I think cannabis is one of the most complex drugs I've ever used, its really not one drug at all, its just a generic term for a plant with loads of chemicals in it.
    The type of plant, the way its grown, the condictions of its picking and manicuring etc all go to making it, weed can be very different.

For me good weed should make you feel about 6 years old, you get all giggly, silly, laugh a lot and generaly feel childish. Then you get the muchies and eat lots of junk food which tastes really good.

But some weeds quite different, you feel lethargic, your brain is slowed down, you feel tierd and generaly a bit out of it.

The obviously theres all the points in between those two and some others too.

As for the health risks, its not that bad, however I have heard that its worse than cigs, although I think theres not enough research to say either way really.
    As for its addictive potencial, its not physicaly addictive but as with anything really you could have a problem with it if you use it as an escape.
  • Options
    personally speaking, getting stoned is a great feeling for me anyway. I don't have a care in the world...usually with a smile on my face!
  • Options
    cannabis aye ...bringing a smile to the world after all these years.
    someone just told me it's ilegal!
  • Options
    Re: Cannabis
    Originally posted by OksiruE
    I was wondering if someone could describe to me exactly whats it's like getting stoned? i have never taken any illegal drugs but i'm curious
    curious aye? let me tell you from blood sweat and tears experience kind of curious ...it's interesting.