Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Question about pupils on trips/LSD

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A quick question, do your pupils get dilated on Trips/LSD, if so how long does it take roughly for them to return to normal.

Also when do the effects of LSD completely wear off, to the point where it is almost imposable for a normal person to spot you have been taking the drug.

Please reply and help you can offer is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    Yes acid will make your pupils bigger, although it doesnt always. Strangely its not actualy an effect of the drug, more of a side effect of the state your body goes into under the influence. But thats not quite what you asked.

If your worried about people seeing that you've taken it, do NOT take it, acid is not a drug that you can have a good time on if your worried. And no there isnt really any way to make them small, well I guess you could take an opiate as well but not really advisable.

Acid can last anywhere between 6 and 12 hours depending on the person and the dose taken, I'd say a normal 100-150mcg dose would last somewhere in the region of 7 hours till your back to base line. But thats a small to medium dose.

Your brain will be a bit scattery for the day after probally too, I'd give yourself at least 24 hours to get back completely to normal, but the drugs effects will be gone within 12 probally.
  • Options
    Totally agree with bongbudda about not taking them if you are worried. This is when you have a "bad" trip, and trust me when I say you'll never have one again if this happens. This has to be one of the worst moments ever in my life.
    Your pupils will get bigger but whether a person will know who has never experienced acid or other drugs is another matter. Some will notice, some won't. I have talked to police on many occasions whilst tripping (when I was younger and just took acid and roamed the streets all night and got stopped early hours to see what we were doing) and none of them have ever said anything to me about it or arrested me or anything so I can only imagine that they didn't know.
  • Options
    just curious, wots a bad trip like. Ive never touched acid
  • Options
    strawberry fields forever. those were the days.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Daffeh
    just curious, wots a bad trip like. Ive never touched acid
    The worst experience of my life.
    Hard to explain really. You are fucked (obviously), weird stuff is happeneing and you don't realise at the time that its the acid that's doing it to you. You think you are going totally mad. Stuff like, walking down a road and suddenly start running because in your head this road seems like its never gonna end. Sweating like a pig, freezing cold outside but feel the need to take your top off. Think you see police and automaticaly run like fuck. Hearing funny noises all the time.
    Sorry I can't explain it. Some of the stuff I've wrote there sounds like it could happen on a good trip which is why its hard to explain. To me, I'd say a 'bad' trip is pretty much like a 'good' one apart from the feelings are all magnified loads and all seem really bad in your head, whereas if you wasn't on a 'bad' one the same feelings would be nice.
    Sorry if that sounds like total shit but I finding it very hard to explain the feeling. Trust me, its not nice anyway.
    The thing with it is, the acid you have bought will probably have nothing wrong with it. Its whats going through your head before you have it an stuff. Me and my mate once had them and I was buzzing my tits off all night, but he'd been off school all week with food poisoning and was just getting over it on Friday when we had the acid and he really fucked up big style.
    Sorry for rambling
  • Options
    I'm a tiny bit surprised that you can get it actualy, its preaty rare at the moment, where abouts are you?

Whats a bad trip? Good question, you have to remember that preaty much the main effect of acid is that it changes the way your thought patterns work. Only on a short term basis, dont believe most of the crap thats told about acid.

So everything takes on a massive significance, be it joy, sadness, paranoia, whatever. Most of the time a 'bad' trip will just mean that your kind of stuck in a nasty thought pattern loop, thinking over nasty things for quite a while. Physicaly its not dangerous at all really.

As with any trips, do NOT take them if you have any doubts or any pre-exsisting mental difficulties. Start very small, you can always do more but you cant take it back once you've done it.

BUT I dont want to scare monger because if your careful its unlikely that you'll have a bad experiance. The problem is that a lot of people do it in the wrong enviroment or at the wrong time. Like after 18hrs+ on speed and pills you decide that 5 tabs would be good, then half way through your mate asks you to kill him.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    I'm a tiny bit surprised that you can get it actualy, its preaty rare at the moment, where abouts are you?
    That directed at me? I'll answer anyway :)
    I can't get it, I wouldn't want to get it. Since I had the experience of a 'bad' trip which could easily be 4 years ago I haven't touched one since. My mates have had them since but I stuck to pills. But still thats quite a long time ago since i've seen any.
    Your explaination of a 'bad' trip was good.
  • Options
    No I mean the person who asked the question. KAES.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    No I mean the person who asked the question. KAES.
    Thinking about it now that should have been obvious to me. Never right in head on a morning.
  • Options
    here ...have a trip. (l.s.d molecule.)
  • Options
    I read your subject of this thread and thought you were going to ask about school students (pupils) taking LSD on school trips!:lol: