Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Drugwiser

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I am a member of an organisation called Drugwiser.
It is all about training young people to be peer mentors on drugs. We do not patronise and we are not pro- or anti-drugs. It is simply about peer education whereby young people are properly informed so that they can make an informed choice about drugs understanding what they are doing.

Anyway the point is, we have set up a website. Basically I am looking for some feedback about the website. Or if you have any comments or queries about Drugwiser fire away.

The website: Drugwiser

Comments

• Options
    Nice design...

Tho, the site is a bit slow to load...Is it sitting on a 56k?

Is this site only about druggies in Ireland?

Thanks !
  • Options
    Well we are based over here in Northern Ireland. But it is by no means a site only for use by Irish people. Unfortunately it does run a bit slow yes.
  • Options
    Originally posted by addicted7
    Unfortunately it does run a bit slow yes.
    thats smoking for you. i'm all for it. i'd rather kids know why they like toking. the uneducated ones must walk around like ...'duh! whats goin on man'. the educated ones will walk around like ...'spiffing weed that charles'. it's gotta be better ...
  • Options
    It looks preaty good, I'm going to be really picky though;

Theres a spelling mistake in you LSD section, and although its not totaly wrong as such most tabs arent postage stamp size, they're smaller.

Also I'm preaty sure ADAM is slang for MDMA and not MDA, also you might want to include a little bit about MDMA powder, there seems to be more of it about these days and for someone who'se not had it before might be a bit confusing.

Also in your section about heroin, there is a strange line break, just before "painkillers".

erowid.org might be a good place to put on your links too, they have info on virtualy every drug.
  • Options
    It is all about training young people to be peer mentors on drugs. We do not patronise and we are not pro- or anti-drugs. It is simply about peer education whereby young people are properly informed so that they can make an informed choice about drugs understanding what they are doing.

Funny it sounds like somewhere else

;)
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    It looks preaty good, I'm going to be really picky though;

Theres a spelling mistake in you LSD section, and although its not totaly wrong as such most tabs arent postage stamp size, they're smaller.

Also I'm preaty sure ADAM is slang for MDMA and not MDA, also you might want to include a little bit about MDMA powder, there seems to be more of it about these days and for someone who'se not had it before might be a bit confusing.

Also in your section about heroin, there is a strange line break, just before "painkillers".

erowid.org might be a good place to put on your links too, they have info on virtualy every drug.

Good points. I'll look into those especially about extended information on MDMA powder however we tend not to provide specific information on particular drugs as this information is well documented else where on the internet. We do provide the links though and i'll look into adding your recommended link.

We're not really comparing the tabs in size to a psotage stamp. Its merely to show what we mean by the sheets being cut into tiny squares.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Susie

Funny it sounds like somewhere else

;)

I have to agree with you, sound frightfull familar!!!!:p