Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Phoning...

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
Does anyone else find it piss easy to chat on the phone to mates and stuff, but hate ringing complete strangers?!

Or is it just me being weird :chin:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah i'm the same. My job means i have to, but when i am at home i got to pieces lol.:o

Why you gonna ring me Em? :p
  • Options
    No Em, you aren't weird, I suffer from the same thing.

Sometimes if I am pissed off and need to make a complaint then I can ring but other times I get my family or boyfriend to ring - for takeaways, taxis etc.
  • Options
    I always get other people to do it for me :)
  • Options
    I know what you mean.

I can talk on the phone to my friends for hours and I don't really mind phoning for taxis take aways etc
    But I hate having to phone places about important stuff, like the bank, or places like that. I always get nervous and forget what I was gonna say so end up feeling like a complete twat. :(
  • Options
    Ringing strangers is a nerve racking experience because you don't know the person on the other side of the phone. The trick is to relax I think.
  • Options
    I find it easy to ring up people, say working for a firm, and speak to them. I find it similarly easy to talk to friends via the phone. There's nothing to worry about - just be confident and calm.
  • Options
    I'm not to keen on the phone. Like if I phone up a girlfriend I kinda run outta things to say lol...I find easy to just talk to strangers in the street.
  • Options
    I find it easy to talk to strangers if they are ringing me.

And things like taxis, takeaways as well are easy.

Its just ringing people up when i have something specific to say, i end up getting all my words mixed up and sounding like a complete twat.
  • Options
    Originally posted by LacyMay

Its just ringing people up when i have something specific to say, i end up getting all my words mixed up and sounding like a complete twat.

heheh I sound like that all the time at work. I just try and ask long questions to keep them talking while I think of something to say.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Re: Phoning...
    Originally posted by LacyMay
    Does anyone else find it piss easy to chat on the phone to mates and stuff, but hate ringing complete strangers?!

Or is it just me being weird :chin:

no, sorry. i used to do telesales and answer the phone for a taxi company. it doesnt bother me at all. but my friend is a phone-a-phobe.
  • Options
    Nah i find it all easy. Maybe im just good with the fone.

Even tho i hate talking on it so much :/
  • Options
    I used to be shit on the phone with strangers, but trust me it gets a lot easier with practice!
  • Options
    Phones are terrifying. I only use them when absolutely necessary and I never answer it.
  • Options
    i have this thing against phoning people i dont know why, i worry about it thoughyes im a wuss