Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Fundraising EVENT ideas?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Please please please someone help we have attended a fete today we need major events to win us club of the year!!!

Please please please begging you!:D ;)

Comments

• Options
    Huh? What sort of a club are you? What do you do? Have you thought about putting this post in Action & volunteering?
  • Options
    Summer Fete arrangement I presume? ok heres a few things you can do :)

For toddlers, Little 10p games:

Have a pack of cards and place on a table with the card showing what it is. Place a sweet, chew, little toy etc on top. You have another pack of cards and they pick one, the card they pick wins the prize thats on the card which is on the table.

Boys and girls lucky Dip. Everyone has McDonalds toys lying about so get em all given from family, friends etc. Wrap them up and charge 20p or something like that for a go.

Hook a Duck. Get a little paddling pool, a few little ducks and a little fishing net. The toddler picks a duck and gets a prize.

Although these games are 10/20p you can make a lot as having a small Daughter I know she loves these games.

Obviously you would have tombolas, bric-a-brack stalls, hotdogs and pop. Get local companies to sponsor you and give prizes for a Big Raffle. You could contact your local Radio to see if they would visit you and hopefully give you plenty of publicity on the radio. You could have a kids fancy dress competition. You could also have like a smaller version of its a knockout with local celebreties taking part.
    You could contact your local council and see if they would offer a bouncy castle for free.

If you want to get a good response then you need lots of things to keep the kids happy. When a kid goes to the fair they can spend a fortune of their parents money so have plenty of kids activities. You could maybe contact a few local groups to see if they would attend and participate in the fete, like a dancing school, singing group, pipe bands etc.
    The more stuff you have the better it will be :)
  • Options
    Wow. Becky are you a closet fundraising obsessive?
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    Wow. Becky are you a closet fundraising obsessive?
    LOL ive done my bit :D

Oh before i forget if you have someone local who does Punch and Judy the kids love it and also face painting :)
  • Options
    How about a knock-something-of-a-barrel event?
  • Options
    AHHHHHH! Do that thing where you fill a HUUUUGE jar with m&m's or something and you have to guess how many m&m's are in the jar and you like pay to guess or whatever it is ya do and whoever guesses right wins all the m&m's or whatever.

Ahhhh

*dreams of M&M's*

I didn't read Becky's post cos my head really hurts so if she said that already then sorrrry. I suck....many things. :/ Yeah. :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by DaisyChainThing
    I didn't read Becky's post cos my head really hurts so if she said that already then sorrrry. I suck....many things. :/ Yeah. :eek2:

So that took me half an hour to write and you couldnt be arsed to read it :lol::lol: ......lazier than me you are :D
  • Options
    Was gonna suggest do a strip-dance, but just read what leo's is. For Young Enterprise at college, we auctioned ourselves off to ladies for the day. There were about 15 lots and we raised over 100 quid - and considering I was one of the lots, it wasnt too bad (I went for 5 quid, and no it wasnt the lowest thank god :D ).
  • Options
    thanx guys! very helpful, i am trying to plan a winter event i was thinking a slave auction but with 12 yr olds isnt particularly safe!:confused: