Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Moving a Period

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm on the pill and as it stands now I always start my period on Saturday which is annoying. I want to move it by one day, so i start on the sunday.

Is it ok for me to start my next packet a day later? Or will this mess up my cycle and leave me open to the risk of pregnancy, as obviously as i'm only 16 I really don't want this. I do use condoms, but the idea of having sex when I know the pill isn't working feels like too much of a risk.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    You could always take a couple of pills from your next packet then discard the packet and go and get some new ones a month early.
  • Options
    it would mean that the pill wouldnt offer protection for 7 days, so you would need to use additional protection for those 7 days, but seeing as you already use condoms, and you dont feel confident enough using them, then you could just not have sex for that week until the pill was protecting you again.
  • Options
    Originally posted by byny
    You could always take a couple of pills from your next packet then discard the packet and go and get some new ones a month early.

I don't understand what you mean. Woudn't that be even worse for messing up the cycle than just taking one a day late?
  • Options
    No - What I mean is....
    it would be dangerous to take a break longer than 7 days, it would be dangerous to miss a couple of pills at the end of your packet.

However...If you take one pack (21 days of pills)

then on the 22nd day, instead of starting your break, you take a couple more pills from a fresh packet (Day 22 and 23)

then you take a 7 day break.

Then you get a 3rd packet (Having dismissed packet 2 as there are only 19 pills in it) and start taking the next 21 pills.

That should delay your period by a couple of days and if you are that regular you will get your period on a Monday instead of a Saturday.
  • Options
    A good idea would be to ask the doctor.
  • Options
    tis like maths.....:confused: not on the pill yet, kinda glad. sounds majorly confuzzling.
  • Options
    Jesus! No wonder girls sometimes get grouchy! I'd get peed off having to work that kinda maths out