Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Who Cares About:

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
These stupid 'PM Me' polls. This is what the Mods created the 'post a poll' opton for! Popularity contsts will only ever bring bad feeling. Its like schoolkids fighting over who has more friends.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed.

The first one was a laugh now its just stupid.
  • Options
    Not really.

Eels (the band), however, rock. :yes:
  • Options
    Its pointless in the same way as displaying the number of posts you have made since you registered.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed

Eels (the band), however, rock. :yes:

Most truly! Whats ur fave album?
  • Options
    i think its all pretty lighthearted. I dont take it seriously.
  • Options
    Well put.

They are fine if they remain as intended, for instance a laugh, but they soon turn into a ring of insults that do not help anyone. In fact, I found the first one funny until it became very personal and full of anger.

What annoys me the most is that someone will post abusing and unfair things about someone else whom will then react - it's a vicious circle that will spiral out-of-control, as illustrated by the last example. It is unkind to the people involved in the dispute and those witnessing the prankishness and foolishness.

Do you think that wholly fun polls could exist?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Simbelyne
    Most truly! Whats ur fave album?

Not sure...but I like the *very* latest one (Shootenanny).
    I shall buy it when it comes out.

Other than that...electro-shock blues.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bad seed
    Not sure...but I like the *very* latest one (Shootenanny).
    I shall buy it when it comes out.

Other than that...electro-shock blues.

have you heard the new one?

My fave is probably Electro-Shock-Blues too, just because it shows the whole range of grief after the death of someone close - from despair all the way through to re-affirmation.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Mobily's Ghost
    Well put.

They are fine if they remain as intended, for instance a laugh, but they soon turn into a ring of insults that do not help anyone. In fact, I found the first one funny until it became very personal and full of anger.

What annoys me the most is that someone will post abusing and unfair things about someone else whom will then react - it's a vicious circle that will spiral out-of-control, as illustrated by the last example. It is unkind to the people involved in the dispute and those witnessing the prankishness and foolishness.

Do you think that wholly fun polls could exist?

Although it does have to be said that post whoring using the :lol: smily is INDCREDIBLY irritating...

sorry. :cool:
  • Options
    have you heard the new one?

Yep. Listening to it at this moment in time. :)
    You can listen on their website www.eelstheband.com
  • Options
    Although it does have to be said that post whoring using the :lol: smily is INDCREDIBLY irritating...

sorry. :cool:

Quite agree, that is why you won't find many of my posts with them in nowadays. :) In fact, a lot of people whom previously used them considerably have now reduced their usage.
  • Options
    i dont find it irritating, i barely notice it. the one i dont like is the :rolleyes: one, now he IS annoying. he should be used sparingly.
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    i dont find it irritating, i barely notice it. the one i dont like is the :rolleyes: one, now he IS annoying. he should be used sparingly.

Yep, I agree. :)
  • Options
    I wouldn't mind a poll for something that was completely irrelevant, like person most likely to win a pie-eating contest or something, but these polls like most loved poster / most hated poster just serve to upset people, even if most people do take them as fun.

You got to remember there are a lot of people on here who are fragile and take things very seriously.

:crazyeyes

I, however, take nothing seriously. Moo.
  • Options
    The polls are only going to upset people if they don't take them in good humour. They're meant to be amusing, and entertaining, not take seriously. Take them with a pinch of salt, not a suck on a lemon *pulls that sucking on lemon face* :yuck: :D

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    hey mobily you should be damn happy!

you woke up this morning your plain old self and now your ending the night with not one but two titles:D

arnt you the lucky one!