Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

some help please?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
am i right in thinkin that a girl/woman isnt fertile at certain times of the month and therefore cant get pregnant?
only i had unprotected sex last night, but ive just come off my period and so in my drunken state thought that meant it was ok and ive no chance of gettin pregnant ? .. im now sober and realise it was probably a very silly thing to do but im still not sure about whether i could get pregnant or not?

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't risk it babe :) Go & get the morning after pill :yes: as soon as possible! Also you should be aware of the risk of STI's?! I think that you can get pregnant at any time!
  • Options
    Have to agree with Mwaaa. Better to be safe than sorry. I think you can get pregnant at any time.
  • Options
    You can get pregnant at any part of your monthly cycle - don't take any more risks. It might be a good idea to call up your GP or Brook Advisory, or your nearest Family Planning Clinic to discuss whether or not you want to take the post-coital ('morning after') pill.
  • Options
    okey doke, thanks a lot newho!!
    i have an appointment later at the clinic place, apparantly its fine to leave it upto 72 hours
  • Options
    Yeah but the sooner you take it the better :) The doctor will tell you everything you need to know so ask him/her any questions or queries that you have! * Don't want to lecture * but in the future be more aware of the dangers of unprotcted sex! STI's such as Aids can't be cured . . . and do you really want a child?!!
  • Options
    yeh i know what u mean, im not normally like that! i just got so drunk ... neway, thanks again :)
  • Options
    The accepted view is that a woman is at her most fertile 14 days after the start of her period (I think) - however this doesn't mean you WONT get pregnant any other time.

The sooner you take the pill the better, if you leave it too late you could suffer an ectopic pregnancy. You can buy the morning after pill for £24 at Boots and other chemists.