Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

A question....

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My fiancees parents found some stuff in their sons (her brothers) bedroom - a conical flask and thermometer stolen from school and four lighters (he doesn't smoke).

Could this have anything to do with drugs? Personally I think he could be using the flash to make a bong, BUT what is the thermometer for? :confused:

Any ideas?

He is 16 by the way. :(

Comments

• Options
    its possible, but without any other evidence, id suggest he probably just nicked them for the fun of nicking them from school.
  • Options
    Could very well be using the flask thing as a bong (I did it when I was at school). The thermometer though, I don't know. Maybe he was planning to empty out the stuff in the middle somehow (don't know whether this is possible) and using it as one of the pipes for his bong. Could be the pipe he sucked on, the down pipe going into the water (if there is water, and its not just a pipe). Wouldn't your fiancee be able to ask him?
  • Options
    i think he's just a tea leaf.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

:yes:

oh, and that phrase gets used a lot around here as well :yes:
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll

Well actually, he told one of his mates, who subsequently grassed him up, thet he was using all items for drug preparation, thats why we want to know what kind of drugs!
  • Options
    Hrmmmm...preperation eh? I know mates of mine who'd nick thermometers from school for no real reason. One nicked a test tube full of acid as well once.

He could be using the flask to soak some green in something...cant remember exactly what you do, but you soak it in something at boiling point and it increases the potency.....will find out later what it is, and if its actually true.

Personally, I think he was prolly just arsing around.
  • Options
    Given the very limited chemical list that a school would have around it is highly unlikely that he'd be able to make anything even if he wanted to.
    I'd suspect if he's using it for anything it would be for a bong, and if he told someone it was for making drugs then he was just talking rubbish to make himself sound good, teenage boys do that alot.
  • Options
    just a silly kid. theres not a lot you can do with a flask. ilegal horlicks run or something. yeah thats it. horlicks being the strongest downer the boy ever done. tells his mates he's high on speed after three coffees in mcdonalds.
  • Options
    Theres not many types of drug preparation that could be done with a flask, and the drugs that can be prepared in a flask are extremely difficult to make [e.g acid could possibly be made in a flask]. I doubt very much he'd be using it for drug preparation. Oh, and the lighters, every other kid whose in school nowadays has one, even non smokers, As theyre "cool".

I think he would have just been nicking them for the fun of it. People will nick anything at my school. I personally only nick usefull things [oh my god those glass stirring rods are absolutley brilliant for prodding joints :D]

i wouldnt get too bothered about it :)
  • Options
    Both types of speed and MDXX needs a flask doesnt it? As for him making acid, hmm I think not, its preaty much the hardest illegal drug to make, you need a PHD+ in chemistry to do that.

I knew a bloke once who stole 4 of those really acurate scales from school and then sold them to dealers for £200 each, he was expelled but kept the money.
  • Options
    Originally posted by bongbudda

I knew a bloke once who stole 4 of those really acurate scales from school and then sold them to dealers for £200 each, he was expelled but kept the money.

Damn, i could nick them so easily from Chemistry, our teacher walks outta the room all the damn time so it'd be so damn easy to nick them :chin:
  • Options
    :lol: PHD plus to make Acid - I doubt the people who make acid have a PHD or anything like that. Whoever first figured it out probably had, but once you know the basics, you can probably do it time and time again. But yea, I know the point your making dude.

And those scales are worth more than 200 I think to buy. Ofcourse, depends on the actual scales, but was told my teacher at school the ones we have cost 500 :O
  • Options
    PHD plus to make Acid - I doubt the people who make acid have a PHD or anything like that.

Actually you'd be quite suprised! During the Cold War there was a big increase in the need for physicists and chemists to work for governments. As soon as it was over it left many chemists out of a job and many were seeked out on the black market for the illegal manufacture of drugs and/or explosives. Even today I'm sure that there are many scientists that find it difficult to get the job they want or come across offers which they are unlikely to refuse. Sure, things are normally set up very clandestine but if you don't have someone that knows what he/she is doing properly, then you are very likely to come across major problems that would cost you more harm than good. So having a good GCSE or A-Level in chemistry won't get you very far at this complex level, let alone a few test tubes and a handbook on "The Dummies Guide to Making Acid"!
  • Options
    amphetamine is a doddle to make ...but believe me you need more than a flask. l.s.d is a highly complex drug to synthesize. needs lots of equipment and not just knowledge but skill. the kid is a fucking tea leaf.
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the scales he nicked were worth £600+ each they went to mg I think.
    I wasnt really suggesting that all acid cooks have a PHD but you have to have a very high level of skill to produce it, so even if you havent got the qualification you need to know a lot.
    Talking of out of work scientists, there are a lot in what used to be Russia who are living on very little now. I'd expect that it doesnt take a genius and/or a russian mafia gang to put some of them to work.