Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

fat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey
What clothes size would u consider to be 'big'? someone said size 10 the other day :crazyeyes...also does anyone know about that height-compared-with-weight thing to find out if you're overweight ? oooh, i guess im just feeling kinda fat and insecure right now...*sob!*
thanks xx

Comments

• Options
    Well you can be a size 14+ and still not be fat...that is if you are toned ...It's unhealthy to carry too much fat on your body as it can cause damage to your joints and posture and have a bad effect on your heart.

Size 10 (UK) isn't fat as far as I can see...
    It's often to do with your height and weight...5 foot 5 and 13 stone would be over-weight for example but if you were taller you might carry it better.

I amd 5 ft 6 and weigh 9 stone 8 and I feel a little bit over weight but to many people I am slim.

If you are feeling insecure because of your weight try doing some excercise..its the best thing.
  • Options
    right size 10 for a female isn't big but size 10 for a male - I don't know. as for that test I've never heard of it so can't help sorry. I feel I'm quite big but maybe its a female thing. I know I'm slim but I feel like i still have fat on me.
  • Options
    BMI calculator

size 10 is not big. unless you're like 4'6''.
  • Options
    Re: fat
    Originally posted by vorni
    hey
    What clothes size would u consider to be 'big'? someone said size 10 the other day :crazyeyes...also does anyone know about that height-compared-with-weight thing to find out if you're overweight ? oooh, i guess im just feeling kinda fat and insecure right now...*sob!*
    thanks xx

dont worry about it:)
    size 10 isnt big at all, enless youre a ickle child or dwarf or something:D

i asked this ages ago but about size 12, ill have a search...

www.thesite.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=20250

ok i think that'll work:) ....
  • Options
    the link doesnt work :(
    im useless at computer stuff:rolleyes:
  • Options
    well im size 14 and just over 12 stone and i absolutely hate myself, the way i look, everything. i dont have an issue about how much i weigh or my clothes size its just the fat. im not obese i know this but i feel so insecure.
    i dieted in my last year of school and lost a stone yet i still didnt drop a clothes size so i guess it depends on how your proportioned,
    i put the weight all back on and more and now im so unhappy but i have no will power. its a vicious circle.
    i think anyone that calls a size 12 big or fat is mad. i'd kill to be a size 12 again.
  • Options
    A size 10 fat????????
    That made me laugh for ages and ages and ages!!
  • Options
    Does everything have to be centred around the size 2 model? I think not.
  • Options
    Whoever said a size 10 is fat needs to be shot in the head :mad:

I am a size 8/10/12 depending on the store...I personally think anyone over size 16 is "fat" for want of a better term... Marilyn Monroe was a size 16 for those who didn't know.
  • Options
    Depends if you've got alot of muscle too. That's where the BMI thingy goes wrong.
  • Options
    Re: fat
    Originally posted by vorni
    hey
    thanks xx

It shouldn't really matter what other people think. It's the way that you feel about your body that really counts. If you're feeling insecure then do some exercise. If nothing else, the endorphins (I think that's what they're called) make you feel great for a while and the whole world seems like a greater place!! Maybe I'm exaggerrating slightly but exercising does give most people a buzz. As for the BMI chart, I would personally avoid it at all costs. I have real issues with it but I won't go on about it. As someone else has rightly pointed out, it doesn't take account of muscle and so I always end up being classed as overweight!!
  • Options
    Doctors use the chart. I mean i need to have my weight checked quite reguarly and that's what they use. It's just a guidance to make sure you are not getting overweight. trust me though i doubt that any people who have commented are in any way near the even slightly overweight section.
  • Options
    I used to be a size 8 when i was doing my martial arts and going to the gym etc but now i've gone up to a size 12 and i feel so horrible i hate myself so much so when i get paid on thursday i'm going to go to the gym, its only £15 a month cos i work for the NHS. And i'm thinkin of going to weightwatchers aswell. I am 5 ft 3 or 4 and 11 stone, but i dont look 11 stone. *confusion*
  • Options
    It saddens me when people who are smaller sizes thinki they are fat. According to the BMI chart, i am overweight by a large way, although i know this isnt true. My weight has become a medical condition, that I cant control no matter how I try, it isnt possible for me to lose it. Just so you know as well, Im a size 16/18 (more 18n than 16), and a lot less than happy. So please think before saying people are 'fat', because its not necessarily their fault. Sorry if that sounds snipey, just people like me are fed up with the assumption that we are 'fat' because we are lazy/dont excercise/eat too much etc, so just making that point.
    And size 10? i think not. your lucky to be able to buy clothes that fit.
  • Options
    Originally posted by HunnyPot
    Whoever said a size 10 is fat needs to be shot in the head :mad:

I am a size 8/10/12 depending on the store...I personally think anyone over size 16 is "fat" for want of a better term... Marilyn Monroe was a size 16 for those who didn't know.

and she had 16 toes and she was the a sex goddess in here time!
  • Options
    er ok, depression over, *shutting up*
    thanks for all your posts:)...16 toes, whaaaat...really?!
  • Options
    no way, i thought she had 6 toes on each foot. 16 toes couldnt be right as she wouldnt have been able to wear shoes. im SURE it was 6 toes on each foot.
  • Options
    let me see 2x6 = 12 not 16 but maybe I'm not as good at maths as I thought I was