Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

And they call it Democracy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
How interesting to come across a report of the rapid manner in which Bush's US spoon fed exiles have begun claiming authority in the midst of the chaos despite the fact that no legitimate public election has been conducted. The truth of what has long been planned by Washington is becoming clearer every day....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2956551.stm

Note this glaring statement:
"Anyone can call themselves anything they want to, but future appointments like this will be handled through USAid,"

Appointments??? Handled through "USAid"??? And the war mongers so gullibly believe that the Iraqis will determine their own leaders. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the latest imperial conquest of the new century!

Comments

• Options
    There will be a transitional government followed by an elected democracy that is representative of all ethnic groups.

The US is appointed people and companies who are proven to be able to get the job done. Whenever the UN gets involved, nothing gets done. Point of fact: Afghanistan. Not one road has been repaved. Poppy is being grown and war lords are fighting each other.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    There will be a transitional government followed by an elected democracy that is representative of all ethnic groups.

The US is appointed people and companies who are proven to be able to get the job done. Whenever the UN gets involved, nothing gets done. Point of fact: Afghanistan. Not one road has been repaved. Poppy is being grown and war lords are fighting each other.

Bull PNJ. Don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence that virtually all the companies are American and most exiles who have been in power are known to be pro-American. The UN has been very successful for example stabilising the Former Yugoslavia and many other cases around the world.
  • Options
    Afghanistan is not the UN's fault pnj. I challenge you to go and do some real research before falling back on your faithful and blinkered Fox News commentary.

Afghanistan is a telling case study in just how great are the misconceptions fueling the Bush doctrine concerning the nations in which they claim they will establish thriving democracies.

I submit for you an excellent commentary which addresses the misconceptions being protomoted to the American public and just how little they match with the reality...

http://www.thesentimentalist.com/archives/000071.html

(I suggest you avail yourself of the further links to information contained in the editorial as well, you just might learn something...)
  • Options
    Bull PNJ

Thank you for speaking American to me Kevlar.:D

Good link Clan-baby. Thanks.:p

Time will tell on Iraq.
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Thank you for speaking American to me Kevlar.:D

You're welcome - I'm not misspelling colour or centre for you though! :D:lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Afghanistan is not the UN's fault pnj. I challenge you to go and do some real research before falling back on your faithful and blinkered Fox News commentary.

Afghanistan is a telling case study in just how great are the misconceptions fueling the Bush doctrine concerning the nations in which they claim they will establish thriving democracies.

I submit for you an excellent commentary which addresses the misconceptions being protomoted to the American public and just how little they match with the reality...

http://www.thesentimentalist.com/archives/000071.html

(I suggest you avail yourself of the further links to information contained in the editorial as well, you just might learn something...)

Bullshit, Clandestine. The UN's people refuse to leave Kabul. They collect their paychecks and don't do shit. GO AND LOOK.

Afghanistan is a perfect example of what happens when the UN is allowed to meddle in things with their corrupt paws.
  • Options
    Originally posted by kevlar85
    Bull PNJ. Don't you think it's a bit of a coincidence that virtually all the companies are American and most exiles who have been in power are known to be pro-American. The UN has been very successful for example stabilising the Former Yugoslavia and many other cases around the world.

Come up with a few more examples. Stabilizing the former Yugoslavia included UN troops standing aside while atrocities occurred directly before them.

As for the companies involved, would you prefer that some of the French, German and Russian companies that were illegally dealing with Saddam be involved?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Stabilizing the former Yugoslavia included UN troops standing aside while atrocities occurred directly before them.

I think you need to clarify that a little Greenie:

The UN troops were ordered to stand aside.
  • Options

In other words, the sovereignty of Iraq is to be EXTINGUISHED.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Heydrich
    In other words, the sovereignty of Iraq is to be EXTINGUISHED.

That's what you believe happened to Germany, isn't it?
  • Options
    Originally posted by Greenhat

Yes, I think he's upset that Germany's sovereign right to exterminate whatever races they deemed unworthy to share the Earth with them was so cruelly taken away.
  • Options

Not to mention the American South.