Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

operation chaos.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
here we go. the syrians and iranians have WMD! the americans are already fighting on the syrian border.
the american plan can be nothing more than to bring total chaos to the arab world. they are succeeding. the words from sharon have to be under american orders. said but not meant. the destruction of arab culture is under way. the total destruction.

Comments

• Options
    Always streching farther and farther. Since they didn't find the weapons in Iraq they must seek elsewhere. And Iceland's government is supporting those idiots.. ugh...
  • Options
    Well if u you gave people a choice of american culture or arab one I know most would prefer the former.

I think the millions of us that lead a civilised life recognise that and also the Iraqi people seem to, "thank you Mr Bush I recall one of many quotes from Iraqi people recently.

.....but of course if you think Arab culture with its masses of suicide bombings, religious police and total human rights abuse is something you are prepared to fight for then go for it.

..better still....dont wanna support the coalition? Go live in Syria, then in 6 months tell me if you want us to come and try and bring our culture and democratic ways with us?

;)
  • Options
    oh semper... semper semper semper
  • Options
    Originally posted by Semper Eadem
    Well if u you gave people a choice of american culture or arab one I know most would prefer the former.

I think the millions of us that lead a civilised life recognise that and also the Iraqi people seem to, "thank you Mr Bush I recall one of many quotes from Iraqi people recently.

.....but of course if you think Arab culture with its masses of suicide bombings, religious police and total human rights abuse is something you are prepared to fight for then go for it.

..better still....dont wanna support the coalition? Go live in Syria, then in 6 months tell me if you want us to come and try and bring our culture and democratic ways with us?

;)
    what a complete load of ignorant bollox! i'm an enlishman and happy with my way of life. most arabs do NOT want to become westernised.
  • Options
    Well MR even if they desire western goods or programs, they certainly don't want nor would be amenable to the rampant individualism of the US.

What most of my countrymen seem to fail to realise is that many many parts of the globe value close knit societies where the group takes priority over the individual. Americans were not raised to value this way of life for generations now and seem to presume that all we need do is sweep in and wipe out their leaders and theyll all become mindless consumer units in no time.

Just another element in the general public's woeful misapprehension of the planet that Bush and Co are capitalising on. Then again, it appears even the hawks in authority who should be more savvy are operating with severe myopia in this regard.

Like Ive said before, the more we shove our unilateral vision for how they should live down their throats (on the tail end of our tomahawks most likely) the greater will be the inevitable clash and backlash.