Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

References

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a job interview on Monday for a full-time position that will last until September (when I return to uni). I have been told that I require two references, but I do not know whether I will be able to acquire them in such short notice. Because it is a mundane job without the need for any qualifications (pays damn well though, that's why I'm doing it), do you think that I could write my own references but address them (without a letterhead) from my previous employers or lecturers? :naughty:

Comments

• Options
    bit dodgy mate! :chin:

they quite often check up on them...can you not get a professional family friend to do one for you over the weekend and just give them contact details for the other??
  • Options
    I don't think you should make stuff like this up. Personally I think you should get the references from that job or from people that know you. Do what the uni requires you to do. Don't ignore the uni. By the way what job is it that you are due to start doing?
  • Options
    It was only a suggestion.

I emailed them to ask if I could have two educational references instead of the usual educational and employment requirement.
  • Options
    Ah I see well do what makes you most happy