Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Troops find vials of powder in Iraq.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Officer: Troops Find Vials of Powder

NEAR BAGHDAD, Iraq - U.S. troops found thousands of boxes of white powder, nerve agent antidote and Arabic documents on how to engage in chemical warfare at an industrial site south of Baghdad, a U.S. officer said Friday.

Col. John Peabody, engineer brigade commander of the 3rd Infantry Division, said the materials were found Friday at the Latifiyah industrial complex 25 miles south of Baghdad.

"It is clearly a suspicious site," Peabody said.

Peabody said troops found thousands of boxes, each of which contained three vials of white powder, together with documents written in Arabic that dealt with how to engage in chemical warfare.

He also said they discovered atropine, used to counter the effects of nerve agents.

***I heard on CNN, most of the anti-dote to nerve gas they've found in Iraq was made in France.

Comments

• Options
    Is it someone's Coke stash?

Oh and PNJ, whilst the antidote may be made in France, chances are that the weapon was made in the U.S of A ;)
  • Options
    Hey MOK I had some African posts on the site, which as usual, sank off the page I guess before you could see it. One was about the cannibalism of the revolutionairies in the Congo. That's a story that was missed.
  • Options
    Congo signed another peace deal yesterday, hope this one lasts better........

I noticxe they keep finding lots of antidote but no actual offensive material..............:rolleyes:
  • Options
    no actual offensive material....

They found crates of vials with a white power and the antidote for nerve gas. They also found ricin in the Al Qaeda affiliated group operating in Northern Iraq...in the Kurd's region.

http://www.sky.com/skynews/home
  • Options
    That still didnt answer the point made by Toad. As you are well aware pnj, the Kurdish north wasnt under Baghdad's control so it ain't Saddams stash.
  • Options
    Clandestine...that's why I wrote it that way. Also, I'm sure he has chemical weapons but my thinking is that until recently Saddam might want them on hand to use against the Shiite and Kurds in his country or Iran...not the US.
  • Options
    Well if he had them, even for that purpose, he wouldnt have a chance to use them at all unless he used them first to get rid of the invaders before he is overthrown.

In either case though, as has also been long argued, he wouldnt use them now knowing full well it would galvanise international opinion in favour of his immediate elimination.
  • Options
    The US is saying the white powder might be explosives.
  • Options
    Maybe its dandruff from all the unwashed masses
  • Options
    :lol: Good 1. The camels looked like they were ready to scratch their heads as the tanks rolled by.
  • Options
    If it's charlie I'll be down there like a shot.
  • Options
    Charlie???
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Charlie???
    cocain man! where you been?
  • Options
    Ah I see, never had any dealings with the stuff so the lingo is lost on me, sorry.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    Maybe its dandruff from all the unwashed moustaches!
    glad you spelt it right this time clan.
  • Options
    I said masses, not moustaches. As far as I can see ive spelled it correctly where ive used the word though. If not, its been a long week, sorry.
  • Options
    I know the feeling. You just need some charlie to sort yourself out. Perhaps Saddam would oblige?
  • Options
    No thanks. Spliff is as far as Ive ever had any inclination to partake of and that isnt illegal over here. Im against hard drugs of any kind.