Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

He's moving out, he's moving out, he's moving, flatmate's moving out!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My wanker flatmate is finally moving out, hurrah! But first he never even gave months notice, it was 2 weeks notice. And he is taking the utter piss in getting his stuff moved out. First it was supposed to be moved out by Wednesday, then Friday, and his shit's still there... He called last night just as I was heading out saying he had lost his keys and if I would be in. I told him I was going out, but if he was there by 7:15pm, then iu could stay. I left at 7:20pm after calling my flatmates to see if they were cool about leaving him in the flat himself. They weren't. So I left anyway, and came back in at 11ish and there was a well cheeky messagign he left on the answer machine saying, 'It's 7:18pm (it was actually nearly 7:25pm), and you're not in. That's pretty shitty. I have vital equipment and I need to get it because I'm going to Preston for the weekend...' WTF?? I need to put my life on hold for that idiot?!? So now it's gonna be about Wednesday if anything before he gets out. He is a total arse... :mad: Fucking glad to see the back of him... People who are going to get flatmates, make sure they are decent people, because living with an arsehole can really be a pain... in the arse... :D

Comments

• Options
    Congrats then i suppose! :D My brothers moving out on monday :( has to 'coz of work travelling...ah well he's gotta go some time!
  • Options
    Is it just me who read the title to this thread along to the tune of "football's coming home?"

I think it works quite nicely :)

And no, I don't think I'll get flatmates. I intend to get a dog instead. (Or failing that a bitch hehe)

[/chauvanism]
  • Options
    Yeah shyboy, it was that tune I was thinking of. And guess what folks? He's still not moved his stuff out... Gonna flip soon...
  • Options
    totally sympathise with you. Flatmates can be a complete pain in the proverbial....

Mine is moving out in 2 weeks. horray!!! She's been a nightmare since day one of living with her.

I think after the whole experience I am going to get my own flat. Might be a bit more expensive. But worth it to get my own space!

Plus after nearly 7 years of living in shared flats, its time for me to have the opportunity to run around my flat naked whenever I want!! he he...
  • Options
    My housemates moving out is the stuff dreams are made of.

Well, not all of them, but a few can go.

King, you could always put his stuff in binbags (like they do on TV).
    For extra dramatisation, you could lob it out the window...

:D
  • Options
    Well, what we've decided to do is to give him till tomorrow lunchtime. If his stuff isn't out by then, he has to pay a week's rent, after that I'm all for not letting him into the flat at all to get his stuff, so it becomes ours! Not sure how the law would stand on that though.. But other flatmates aren't too keen on that plan.
  • Options
    You obviously don't like him so why don't you call him and say if he's not round there in an hour you're just going to dump all his stuff on the doorstep for the Oxfam or whoever wants it. Evil, I know :D
  • Options
    Ho ho ho... So, he came round this morning, and it got bad. Really bad. Queue much shouting, aggro etc, and he wasn't able to see it from our PoV. We needed to get the locks changed because he's lost his set, we've got gas bills, electricity bills and cleaning stuff that he never contributed to. But he is being such a pedantic asshole about this, asking for receipts etc for stuff we paid for... Argh! People, if you are gonna get a flatmate, draw up a contract of some sort, because if it turns out he/she is a arse, it can turn really bad... It almost got violent as well, because he was looking for us to bail him out... Fucking arsehole, be glad to see the back of him... :mad: :mad: :mad: