Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

his past

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i keep having people say 'oh id watch out for him hes a bit of a dick' about my current man. but no one will tell me what hes suposably done :confused: and its not just one person its just random people who know him! :confused:
ive just sent his best mate a text asking him about it but no reply as of yet
i cant really ask him what hes done, can i?!

Comments

• Options
    got a reply from his mate..along the lines of 'well personally id steer clear coz the average gettin over him time is 2 yrs but that doesnt make him a dick...so i have no idea'

:confused:
  • Options
    sounds like this lad is prone to breaking young girlys hearts! Maybe they think that they are giving u good advice-which you can either:
    1) take it and steer clear...or
    2) forget about it and learn from your own mistakes!
    Everyone deserves a second chance...or maybe two-so its ur call. Personally its better to learn from your own mistakes (well thats what i find) or you could learn from others. But then again whats to say that this lad is going to do to you what hes done to others.
    Personally id ask him myself. Just say what youve heard and just say that your not taking anything seriously, but it would be nice if he could explain what they are going on about. Then just deal with it from there. Gud luck x
  • Options
    Course you can ask him! You need to be able to say anything to the person you are going out with.
  • Options
    yeah i think i will ask him! hopefully will be seeing him 2moro so i'll ask him then.
  • Options
    i asked him when he came on msn, he got upset and said he has no time for people who think things like that about him which arent true and if i think them he has no time for me and now wont listen when i say i think the world of him :(
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    i asked him when he came on msn, he got upset and said he has no time for people who think things like that about him which arent true and if i think them he has no time for me and now wont listen when i say i think the world of him :(
    Sounds to me like he just wants you to inflate his ego a little! You have every right to ask him why people are telling you that.

How can he say they are lying when so many people are telling you to stay clear? Perhaps they are, but he should at least offer some suggestion or explanation as to why they are saying it!
  • Options
    i spoke to him again later when he had calmed down and he apologised. he said that yeah he has done things in the past that he isnt proud of but hes learnt from his mistakes and knows now to treat girls with respect.

dont know why, but after him saying that i dont feel the need to find out what he did. he treats me like a princess and if his best mate cant think of anything that i need to be warned off about then i trust him :)

thanx for the replies :wave:
  • Options
    i do think you should ask him, it proves to him too that you'd rather hear what he has to say than going and believing any rumours that might be going around. if you sort of say 'i've heard stuff but i would rather hear from you what it is...'

also, my friend has been in the exact same situation. she started dating a guy who seemed to have a poor rep in town. it wasnt that he had done anything wrong, it was just his ex getting her own back and making it hell for them. she stuck it out and trusted him by asking him. she found out who her friends really were along the way and now they are fine.

hope this has helped a little.xxx.
  • Options
    thanx diddles!
    aparently its some girl who he broke up with for the person he was with before me (does that make sence) just stirin it...jealous me thinks!
    im glad i had it out with him though because i trust him more now :)