Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Help needed!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Any advice would be great!!

My best friend moved to the uk to be with his girlfriend and his kid, they fight all the time and he is miserable.

Anyway, he told me that they might break up, which doesnt sound too bad, but he has no one over there - his family and friends all live here in south africa and he wants to move home , but cant leave his kid - (his kid is only 2 and a half years old).

He is aking me for advice and i don't know what to tell him.... well i have told him what i think that he should do - stay and try and work it out, but he says that they are beyond working things out, she lies to him and see's other men behind his back(not that she cheats on him - just that she lie's about who she is with and wherrr she is going)

By the way this is the 5th time that he had sold everything and moved continents for her!!

Please help me help him!!

Thanks!!!

Comments

• Options
    He’s not going to be able to get the kid legally, courts always find in favour of the mum. *Is he married to her?* If not he’ll have even less rights!

Have they both tried to go to a marriage relate counsellor? (or any type of therapy?)
    They might be able to help, if it’s not going to work they perhaps he should just go back to sort his head and see what he wants to do.

It would be a shame for him to cut contact with his child, and just pay maintains. They’ll both lose out. He can’t stay in an unhappy relationship tho, Not even for the sake of the child!

I’d suggest you tell him to come back to SA for a month or two and give it some space and time between him and his gf

Distance does make the heart grow fonder (so they say):p

It’s hard, on the other hand. That might make matters worse. It’s very difficult to help someone in that situation. You say she can’t be trusted, so who’s to say the moment he is gone, she wont be ganging someone else :eek2:

Hmmm He needs a cut off point, a period of time to try and sort matters out. If that fails then he may need to walk away for his own wellbeing!

Just as long as he doesn’t cut contact with his child
  • Options
    Thanks - he is coming out at the end of april for a few weeks and hopefully she will catch a wake up and realise that he is the best thing that has happened to her!!!

I breaks my heart to see my best friends heart breaking :crying: - he is a wonderful guy and deserves better than her!!

I have suggested councelling to him and he agrees that that might work, but as he says there is no point of councelling if it is one sided!!

Well we will see what happens!!!