Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

sorry another pill Q!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi, i tryed to do a search but my search thing isnt working, so sorry if this has been asked before.

ive only recently started taking the pill, ive probably been taking for about a month. well anyway my question! does the pill make you moody, cry alot, and cant sleep. becuase ever since ive been taking the pill i cnat sleep, im relly moody and i cry so much im really emotional. like this morning i got up at 4.30am and i started crying my eyes out, and couldnt stop but i dont even know why i was crying. i feel depressed alot aswell!

i hope someone can help me! thanx :)

Comments

• Options
    Different pills give different people different side effects. They normally say it can take up to 3 months to settle down, if at all, so you should leave it for a bit longer, unless you really can't take it...go back to your doctor and ask if you can try another pill. There are plenty of different ones and all work as well as each other but some react better for different people.
    I'd say go and have a chat with the doctor or nurse or someone and see if they say to wait and see if it settles or to change pill now.
    Good luck!
  • Options
    The doc will probably say give it time to settle down but I think you should switch pills because my friends was like that for months n its only when she came off it that she actually felt happy
  • Options
    I didnt have any trouble with mine, but different people do have different reactions to all the differnt sorts of pill. Your side effects sound pretty bad so I'd do back to the doctor or nurse and see if you can get it sorted.:) Dont worry, its liley that there will be a pill which suits you just right out there!
  • Options
    Hey!
    i was on cilest for a while before i realised what it was doing to me. Yep i was uncontrollably crying a lot and i was also v moody! Ask to change it, to find one that suits you better!
    :)
  • Options
    Apparently the pill made me moody, but I was moody before so I never even noticed but my sister and my mates noticed. Not sure if that was just the first few months or if it stil makes me moody? If it carries on then I think you should tell the doctor and get it changed, although it could just be that your body needs to get used to it, so maybe give it more time depending on how depressed and moody it is making. There are loads of side effects with the pill, reading the booklet provided with a packet may help?
  • Options
    hey thanx for all your replies! i think im going to give it another month or so and see how i am then. :)