Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how long before starting a new relationship?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This has probably been asked before, sorry if it has! Just wondering how long people leave in between relationships. I havnt been single for a year, went almost straight from one relationship into another. I think this was a mistake. Need time to chill out!

Comments

• Options
    I went, er, less than a month. If you don't include that month, I haven't been single for 5 years.
  • Options
    i always think that it's less of a matter of what's someone else has done and more of what you want to do...what feels right for someone else is not necessarily going to be right for you.
    The Silly String
  • Options
    Its different for every relationship! it depends on ur feelings for the person u just left and ur feelings for the next person u want in ur life... The shortest time i left it between relationships was 2 days!! i guess i kinda did it on the rebound, but it was the best decision i couldve have made!
  • Options
    In my case, one semi-relationship comprimising of about 4-5 months on and off (and I mean on and off)..

So I'll probably be single for another 6 years or so :)
  • Options
    It depends on the person, and also how serious the previous relationship was. I think if it was a very serious one, then it generally takes longer before you're ready to have another relationship, or at least one that wasn't just because you missed having someone. Rebound relationships can be great, but they can also mean you end up getting even more hurt, so it's important to leave as much time as you need before jumping into another relationship.