Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

On Texting

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
When you get a text from someone you like or your partner do you wait before texting them back? I don't know why people so this, you wouldn't wait a few minutes before answering a question on the phone, would you? One of my friends has had this bloke leave days between texts! WHY?!

It just makes me think that he's incredibly slow!

And then he texts her and when she replies he ignores it! Madness!

Do you really think that someone is desperate if they text you back straight away? Isn't all this new technology designed to make communication faster? So why has it just made it frustrating?

Comments

• Options
    Maybe cause they dont want to feel obsessed with the person or too eager. And leaving a day? well maybe they like to keep each other stringing along.,
  • Options
    I always text somebody back as soon as I get their message if it needs a reply, sometimes they don't and I don't want to waste my money!

Sometimes I have no credit on my phone - so I use my house phone and telephone the person back.
  • Options
    I reckon i leave an hr before txting back, otherwise my fone bill would be sky high! You can keep the convo going and make it last longer :lol:
  • Options
    They do it so they don't seem to keen, texting back straight away gives off the impression that you're really clingy and desperate, if you wait then they don't think you're so clingy and you can be playing hard to get.
  • Options
    Sometimes people will delay replies to texts or emails as they fear they will run out of conversation after like 10 minutes of answering. They would rather spread the conversation out over a few hours.
  • Options
    I'd be tempted to just say moo to anyone who was so ridiculous as to leave a set time before they can reply to a text.

For fuck's sake, it's a few words in a message, it hardly represents you as a person if you reply in five seconds or five days and anyone who waited a day to reply to my messages so as "not to appear clingy" could go jump far as I am concerned.
  • Options
    I wouldn't answer IMMEDIATELY, but after maybe 5/10 minutes. But I tend to get into chats with people and then I just text immediately cos it's like a conversation. I think people who don't answer for days are just plain rude, unless they don't have any credit.
  • Options
    I would not worry about it. I would reply, assuming that I had credit, as soon as I received the text. Besides, I treat a woman I fancy the same as a normal female friend, with perhaps a little more flirtatiousness and charm. Well, it can't hurt!
  • Options
    Depends how wasted I am.

Sometimes it's hard enough to read a txt without getting a major case of 'wiggle eyes', let alone type one.

Otherwise, as soon as I can, unless I forget. lol. Sometimes I hear the phone beep as I'm sucking a cone and I'm like "hmm must read" then I just dont and remember in like an hour hehe.

My bad :naughty:
  • Options
    sucking a cone?!
  • Options
    My boyfriend used to text me around once a day and i'd text back pretty quick after. Now I don't get any texts at all but I'm not bothered cos i know I will see him one day soon.:)
  • Options
    Originally posted by blonde__batman
    sucking a cone?!

Yeah the weekends events including bonging. :D
  • Options
    Originally posted by PussyKatty
    I wouldn't answer IMMEDIATELY, but after maybe 5/10 minutes. But I tend to get into chats with people and then I just text immediately cos it's like a conversation. I think people who don't answer for days are just plain rude, unless they don't have any credit.

:yes:
  • Options
    Bonging? Is that to do with bongs, smoking pot etc?:eek2:
  • Options
    I generally reply to texts as soon as i get them...if i dont its because my phone isnt on me or i have no credit. Ocassionally though when annoying people make me wait i do it back to them lol silly i know really. People seem to enjoy playing games with others through their phones :rolleyes: :crazyeyes