Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cocaine

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi everyone. i am doing my final GCSE drama project and i need to find out sum facts, but i need the right facts so please dont post unles u r sure. i need to know the side effects of coke, like wot the come down is like, how addicts act, typical personality traits that kinda thing. can anyone help me>?

Comments

• Options
    i have never had a bad comedown with charlie,though if u wanna know bout the comedown on speed,it is fuckin awful!! for me personally charlie is hyped up and expensive (we r talking £40 for 0.8 of a gram) when u can get a quarter(7 grams) of speed for £45,guess thats why u pay the extra for charlie!! no comedown!
  • Options
    ok thanks. r there any withdrawel symptoms? like if u go totally cold turkey, no other drugs or anything?
  • Options
    never done coke so i wouldnt know but have a look at erowid
  • Options
    Originally posted by frufru
    ok thanks. r there any withdrawel symptoms? like if u go totally cold turkey, no other drugs or anything?
    yes cocaine is physically addictive as well as psychologically, so somebody who was addicted to it would have withdrawal symptoms if they went cold turkey.
  • Options
  • Options
    I think coke is quite an interesting drug in that unlike a lot of the other popular ones it seems really varied in whether people actualy really get anything from it or not.

I mean obviously everyones going to get some effect if they mainline pure but just snorting some love it and some just shrug their shoulders and think its a bit of a nothing.

Its not a druggies drug at all, most proper dopers dont like it, theres not enough to it, not a proper 'hit'.

I've only really had passing experiance with it and I thought it was ok, too expencive and too nasty on the down for me. Another thing that seems to be normal is that if you like speed you cant deal with coke and the other way round.
  • Options
    it's a weird 'un isn't it? I know exactly what you mean - many people I know just don't 'get' coke... It's weird though - I've always found it to be about a million times better than anything else (i.e. were expense not an issue it's pretty much all I'd do bar some weed and booze).

It's like it's a missing jigsaw piece for me - I don't feel high, or fucked, or mashed on it, just 'right' - just how I should feel all the time...
  • Options
    I have heard snippets of research that links naturaly low levels of dopamine to coke and booze addiction.
    That feeling you get when you do it of 'feeling like you should all the time' is quite a comon phrase.
  • Options
    coke mixed with smack was a dream but coke on it's own was fucking boring by the third hit.
  • Options
    I know what everyone means. Sometimes I can get a real buzz off it and other times it just makes me able to handle more booze by taking the edge off it. I'm not the biggest fan and would much rather do pills but if I'm offered it I wouldn't normally refuse
  • Options
    compared to amphetamines its not good value for money. the buzz only lasts about 20 minutes. I never could see the attraction, just as you start getting into it, you come down and need another hit.
  • Options
    and impossible to use in clubs ..
    I -hate- to have to go to the bathroom to snort some lines.

that's why i luuuuuv pills :D
  • Options
    I have heard snippets of research that links naturaly low levels of dopamine to coke and booze addiction.
    That feeling you get when you do it of 'feeling like you should all the time' is quite a comon phrase.

Really? That's interesting actually... I mean I'm pretty sure I respond differently to coke than most of my friends. Where's all this research to be found?

Cheers,
  • Options
    in my experience people who take coke talk about themselves too much and act like arseholes.

more seriously the effects can be very serious. A friend of mine had a fit and never touched it again.

People who do loads of coke sniff ALL the time.
  • Options
    I'll have a little route around and get back to you on the research, dont qoute me on it yet though.
  • Options
    cheers! I'll look forward to hearing from you.
  • Options
    I've heard this before..I think there was a programme about it on Horizon on BBC a few months ago. It basically talked about addiction in general and said that some people will be more likely to become addicted to a substance, gambling, sex etc. due to a genetic predisposition. It went further on to explain about dopamine levels being a sign for this, but I can't remember much more. Very interesting and controversial issue!