Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

North Korea and nukes.

Given the situation in Iraq and the fact that we will be at war by the end of the week at the latest the situation of world politics has changed greatly.

There are a few places that are 'on the list' as it were and if I were them I'd be building up nukes as fast as I could.

I think the way that the US has totaly ignored the diplomacy route will make despot leaders think twice. I dont however think that it will lead to less nasty leaders, it just pushes up the stakes and any dictator worth his salt will be stock piling wepons like theres no tomorrow. Because as the US and UK have said diplomacy is dead.

This move will only isolate the US further and bring heavier and heavier terrorism attacks.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Who could blame North Korea- or anyone else- for trying to acquire nuclear weapons? The country that has bombed 21 nations since the end of WWII is about to embark in yet another war. Under the Bush School of Thought (sic) any nation, anywhere could constitute a danger to America. Anyone could be next and the North Koreans can be forgiven for trying to defend themselves.

At the end of the day you have to counter your enemy's forces the best you can. Thanks to a total expenditure in their military that would have solved world poverty hundreds of times over (literally), the US has now a military machine much more powerful than any other nation on earth; some say more that all other nations combined. It is this incredibly disproportionate unbalance in power that prompts others to acquire themselves with nuclear weapons, the only thing that still works as a deterrent against this modern-day Roman Empire. Hell, I hate nuclear weapons and have always spoken against them, but given the situation today I might start campaigning for more countries acquiring them. Sadly it's their only guarantee of sovereign integrity nowadays.
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    think i'll get myself some nukes.