Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Skitzo

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
ok here goes.
Im not very ordinary,i think im a skitzo but i dnt wanna go to a phychologist to ask because that would mean my mum would find out, yadda yadda yadda. i wos wonderin if ne1 gets what i have?

I will be fine, as myself, up until I get angry or stressed. After this It all goes black from the outside ( this usually happens slowly which gives me a chance to stop it happening by hurting myself:banghead: in some way) than it al goes black for bout 1 minute. After this has happeneed the world will fizzle back in but time will pass. most of the time it will only be a couple of hours but once or twice ive had it for a whole day. i wont remember what i have done and i become a different person. Im more aggresive, angry, sarcastic and volitile. im basically not me.

can anyone help?

Comments

• Options
    WoW - Im no expert but this could be multi personality disorder and not that your skitzo. You really should get this seen to. You say the reason why u dont want to is incase your mum finds out???? surely if you are having 'these episodes' that you arent aware of and the people around you say you act very diffrently that sooner or later your mum is going to witness this? if she hasnt already? Id say for your own good you should seek help, if you really dont want your mum to know you can see a dr in confidence.
  • Options
    I think i really urge you to go to your GP. THey arent allowed to tell anyone unless you want them too. Although i'm sure this is something your mum would want to help you with. Don't go it alone & good luck.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    seriously ... go and see a doctor. they cannot tell anyone else without ur permission. also, tell your mum. she will be there for you and help you all the way. trust me ... i know from experience.

good luck
  • Options
    yup. seeing a doctor is a good step.

it could be that this is caused by a physical problem which can easily be treated.

even if you need to be referred on to a psychiatrist it remains totally confidential, and the only people who have to know are you and your GP.
  • Options
    *hugs*
    im sure your mum would be there for you all way!
    you should really go and see someone about it, i'll come with you if you want babes.
    everything is gonna be ok
  • Options
    THE THING IS MY MUM WOULDNT! she wouldnt belive me, not even some of my friends belive me . i dont want to see a doc because i never like admitting theres something wrong.
    DaN
  • Options
    Originally posted by Tink101
    THE THING IS MY MUM WOULDNT! she wouldnt belive me, not even some of my friends belive me . i dont want to see a doc because i never like admitting theres something wrong.
    DaN

You have already started by admiting to us that theres something wrong.
    The next step is doing something about it, if you don't feel happy talking to your mum then please go see your doc. You need help & you need to accept this.
    Good luck.
  • Options
    i believe you.
  • Options
    its nice you do, but noone else does