Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

cannabis laws

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hey i was just wonderin what are the cannabis laws at the moment?

theres a lot of confusion from people i ask and everyone seems to have a different story or 'wat happened to the last time'

i heard blunkett downgraded it to class c but wheres the news coverage, mayb i was stoned...

Comments

• Options
    It's still Class B at the moment.

Legislation had been passed to downgrade it to Class C, but that doesn't come into practise until July.
  • Options
    And when it is Class C you can still be imprissoned upto 2 years
  • Options
    everything is legal if you don't get caught.
  • Options
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    everything is legal if you don't get caught.

I suppose it could be considered Civil Disobedience, eh? :p
  • Options
    "In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws."

Martin Luther King Jr
  • Options
    Yep no change yet, as such - but unless you go out of your way to wind-up a copper, or if someone informs you are growing, or unless you are a major dealer or grower, the cops are not interested.

Here's a quote from 'someone in the know', Eddie is ex-Met drug Squad Chief & calls for legalistion of ALL drugs:eek:
    Mr Blunkett only made his decision about re-classification when caught between the Human Rights Act (which basically tells Gov't to mind its own business about what peeps do in private unless there are one or more of five given reasons - one of which is to protect the nation's health) and the results of the Gov't funded tests on cannabis for medical use. He suddenly (without much background research by his Dept or anyone else for that matter) found it impossible to argue that it was dangerous to individuals when the research showed otherwise. He had to appear before the Home Affairs Committee and decided to make a decision before he was forced to. It was this lack of preparedness that leaves us in limbo at the moment. It wasn't a decision based on research that allowed the legislation or policing policy to be written, no-one was ready. Now they wait for the security of Europe around them before saying anything else.

there's a big meeting coming-up, France & Sweden against relaxing the laws, almost all other Euro-countries are for, to a greater or lesser amount.

Stay tuned - I'll post an article about it, I am working on, soon.
  • Options

"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    Martin Luther King Jr

Ok, the quote is accurate, but IMHO the sentiment isn't. especailly in such a free society as we live in.

I think a better line would be:

"In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws. But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to change unjust laws."
  • Options
    WHSplif.net; Would you be refering to the UN summit in Vienna from the 8th to the 17th of April?
    (hay hay! Arent I clever!)